Sign in with
Your question

Processor type

Last response: in CPUs
December 26, 2012 9:18:33 PM

Hello, im looking for a computer low cost and for everday use i have a budget of 400 dollars and with all these deals taking place after christmas im looking to snag a higher end one. but the bottom line is i would like to know which type of processor is for my everyday use, web browsing multiple tabs and maybe a document open or two and some downloading frequently. a higher core less GHZ's or less core more GHZ's

More about : processor type

December 26, 2012 9:39:24 PM

levij1 said:
Hello, im looking for a computer low cost and for everday use i have a budget of 400 dollars and with all these deals taking place after christmas im looking to snag a higher end one. but the bottom line is i would like to know which type of processor is for my everyday use, web browsing multiple tabs and maybe a document open or two and some downloading frequently. a higher core less GHZ's or less core more GHZ's

Depends on what socket your mother boards uses.
If your motherboard uses the LGA1155, I would recommend the i3-2120
m
l
a b à CPUs
December 26, 2012 10:19:39 PM

If you are looking for a computer are you looking for a desktop or laptop? You have posted in the cpu section are you only looking for a processor? In that price range you should be able to find AMD A4, A6 CPU’s and Intel Celeron, Pentium , And i3. Stay away from Intel Atom, AMD E &C series. Choose the most cores with the most Ghz in your price range. The only exceptions to this will be the i3 which would be the fastest option in this class even though ti is 2 core 4 tread it will be faster than the A6.
m
l
Related resources
!