Shutdown or Hiberntion Timer

May 25, 2005 10:32:09 PM

Could anyone tell me if there is an option to set a timer to turn off or
hibernate my computer after say an hour? I am a new computer user and cannot
seem to work this out. I want to set an audio file running and then hibernate
once my child has fallen alseep without having to go back into the room or
let it run on too long. In the same way that there is a 'sleep' function on
most TVs.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 1:17:59 AM

You cannot set your system to use/run or download a file
once you set a time to hibernate.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Sammyjane" wrote:

| Could anyone tell me if there is an option to set a timer to turn off or
| hibernate my computer after say an hour? I am a new computer user and cannot
| seem to work this out. I want to set an audio file running and then hibernate
| once my child has fallen alseep without having to go back into the room or
| let it run on too long. In the same way that there is a 'sleep' function on
| most TVs.
May 26, 2005 1:51:59 PM

Sammyjane wrote:
> Could anyone tell me if there is an option to set a timer to turn off or
> hibernate my computer after say an hour? I am a new computer user and cannot
> seem to work this out. I want to set an audio file running and then hibernate
> once my child has fallen alseep without having to go back into the room or
> let it run on too long. In the same way that there is a 'sleep' function on
> most TVs.

I'm not sure this will work, but how about - Control Panel, Power
Options, Hibernate tab, select Enable Hibernation, click Apply, go to
the Power Schemes tab, there is a drop down next to System hibernates,
select the time and then click OK. I don't know if you have an audio
file playing if the computer will consider it inactive or not and go
into hibernation.

ken
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 4:20:43 PM

Poweroff 3.0
http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/poweroff/poweroff.htm

[[It can power off, shutdown or reboot your pc, log you off, lock your
workstation, go to standby or hibernation mode and even wake up another
pc.]]

[[The action can be performed immediately or scheduled, by using a built-in
scheduler.]]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:37E83271-1A99-4E8D-A275-558A948A56A6@microsoft.com,
Sammyjane <Sammyjane@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Could anyone tell me if there is an option to set a timer to turn off or
> hibernate my computer after say an hour? I am a new computer user and
> cannot seem to work this out. I want to set an audio file running and
> then hibernate once my child has fallen alseep without having to go back
> into the room or let it run on too long. In the same way that there is a
> 'sleep' function on most TVs.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:34:02 PM

Thanks for your help I will give this a go and see if it works, looks good. :-)

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Poweroff 3.0
> http://users.pandora.be/jbosman/poweroff/poweroff.htm
>
> [[It can power off, shutdown or reboot your pc, log you off, lock your
> workstation, go to standby or hibernation mode and even wake up another
> pc.]]
>
> [[The action can be performed immediately or scheduled, by using a built-in
> scheduler.]]
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:37E83271-1A99-4E8D-A275-558A948A56A6@microsoft.com,
> Sammyjane <Sammyjane@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Could anyone tell me if there is an option to set a timer to turn off or
> > hibernate my computer after say an hour? I am a new computer user and
> > cannot seem to work this out. I want to set an audio file running and
> > then hibernate once my child has fallen alseep without having to go back
> > into the room or let it run on too long. In the same way that there is a
> > 'sleep' function on most TVs.

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:38:09 PM

Let us know. :-)