I7-3770k CPU is around 70c when playing games!

G

Hello,
I got a new computer for Christmas of my parents but when I every play a game such as battle field 3 or farcry 3 it hits temperatures of around 70c! I have try changing the fan speed but it still isn't any good, I don't understand because the case I have has rather good cooling and a fan even goes directly to the cpu fan the gpu only hits temperatures of around 35 - 40c when playing games - it's an ati hd 7770.

Can you please tell me if this is ok or not and whether I should buy a aftermarket cooler ot not. Many thanks Kieran

According to one Intel rep, maximum temps for your cpu are allowed up to 72c; I've seen 90c for brief periods of time. If you're sure all the four pins on the heatsink are fully engaged, then you may want to get a hyper 212 for around $20 after rebate, last time I checked. But with your Intel heatsink, you get a 3 year warranty, and if you don't plan on keeping it longer, you may want to leave it alone. So many folks mess with their systems, and end up with other issues. If your games are running stable without crashing or bluescreens, then I would leave it alone, and whatever you do, don't flash the bios.

G

Hi thanks for the reply! I will be ordering the Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo tomorrow as it is very easy to install and my cpu fan is in correctly I have just increase the fan speed for now so it hits around 65c but that's only on about 50% because there aren't any game at the moment that push it up to around 90%