Apologies if this has been answered 1,000 times--I can't find info anywhere.

I'm not concerned about desktop themes--just cursor theme files.
I've seen and downloaded several different XP cursor files from various
sources on the web, in order to have a variety from which to choose. I cannot
seem to get them to work.

Nearly all of these include the file "NAME.CurCPTheme"-- where NAME is the
author's designation of his/her work.

I have installed them into my C:/Windows/Cursors folder, but when I go to
the Control Panel and try to change the cursor, I don't see the theme as a
choice amongst the Themes listing, nor do any individual cursors appear for
one-at-a-time selection.

What am I doing wrong, please? ANy suggestions, help, tips greatly
appreciated.
Thanks--

> ...Nearly all of these include the file "NAME.CurCPTheme"-- where NAME is the
> author's designation of his/her work.

Sorry-- typo. That's "NAME.CurXPTheme", of course...

On Thu, 26 May 2005 00:43:02 -0700, Jef. wrote:

>> ...Nearly all of these include the file "NAME.CurCPTheme"-- where NAME is the
>> author's designation of his/her work.
>

> Sorry-- typo. That's "NAME.CurXPTheme", of course...

Did you install the program yet that utilizes those theme packs? Stardock's
Cursor XP (free) and Cursor XP Enhanced (shareware) use cursor theme files
with the .curxptheme extenstion. Don't know of any other programs that can
use them. A link to the FAQ for Cursor XP:
http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorxp/faq.html

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Correct. CursorXP And CursorXP Plus both come with installation
programs. They will work if those programs are used to install them.
Gene K