Disappearing programs

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

I am having problems with my programs disappearing I click on one to
open/run and it does the flashlight search for it but,
then tells me it is missing when I just installed it. I used ad-aware for
spyware & F-secure for viruses. Cant find anything.
I installed a antivirus program that came with my internet connection, it
loaded perfect told me to reboot to finalize when I started again I clicked
on it to scan and it could not find it, I cannot even right-click to select.
Is there a way to add an option to the right-click send to section?
Everything seems good in safe mode also
Thanks Bruce
2 answers Last reply
More about disappearing programs
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Hi Bruce

    go to

    Local Disk C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Send To

    Where I have put "Your Name", you should use the logged on name. You should
    be able to add any further shortcuts you require here to appear when you
    "right click" and choose "send to".

    As for the anti-virus, I would completely remove it and buy a branded
    version or download AVG's free anti virus

    Country Boy

    "Bruce" wrote:

    > I am having problems with my programs disappearing I click on one to
    > open/run and it does the flashlight search for it but,
    > then tells me it is missing when I just installed it. I used ad-aware for
    > spyware & F-secure for viruses. Cant find anything.
    > I installed a antivirus program that came with my internet connection, it
    > loaded perfect told me to reboot to finalize when I started again I clicked
    > on it to scan and it could not find it, I cannot even right-click to select.
    > Is there a way to add an option to the right-click send to section?
    > Everything seems good in safe mode also
    > Thanks Bruce

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Mabe is because your computer is trying to open a program or your computer
    may be doing some configurations.

    "Bruce" wrote:

    > I am having problems with my programs disappearing I click on one to
    > open/run and it does the flashlight search for it but,
    > then tells me it is missing when I just installed it. I used ad-aware for
    > spyware & F-secure for viruses. Cant find anything.
    > I installed a antivirus program that came with my internet connection, it
    > loaded perfect told me to reboot to finalize when I started again I clicked
    > on it to scan and it could not find it, I cannot even right-click to select.
    > Is there a way to add an option to the right-click send to section?
    > Everything seems good in safe mode also
    > Thanks Bruce

Configuration Customization Microsoft Internet Connection Windows XP