Loud Fan Noises

Hi Guys,

Recently my computer has been making a lot of noise. I cleaned out the dust but that hasn't solved the problem. It sounds like the fan is in overdrive or something. Please see the link below for details.

http://postimage.org/image/it186niyj/
6 answers Last reply
More about loud noises
  1. is it the GPU FAN ? GPU seems to be running way hot , maybe the fan bearing is gone ?
  2. Your posted image is too blur to see anything.

How old is ur PC ? Maybe the fan bearings are worn out. Other then the fan on the graphic card, it is easy to change them.
  3. ttcboy said:
    Your posted image is too blur to see anything.

How old is ur PC ? Maybe the fan bearings are worn out. Other then the fan on the graphic card, it is easy to change them.

Thank you. It is a late 2009 Acer. I am surprised you cannot see the screenshot clearly. Shows up clearly when I click it.
  4. The screenshot is crystal clear here and the fan speeds and temperatures look fine to me. Maybe you have one of those smart fans that runs faster according to the load on the system. If that's the case, it shouldn't be loud all the time.
  5. dasser said:
    Thank you. It is a late 2009 Acer. I am surprised you cannot see the screenshot clearly. Shows up clearly when I click it.

Just saw the screenshot and like jerry6 said, GPU temp seems to be on high side. The best way is to open up the casing and listen carefully for where the sound is coming from.

If it comes from ur graphic card, try to clean it as much as possible with compressed air.
  6. Thanks again guys. That is what I will try to do. The video card in the past has been a problem, so maybe its dusty in there.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Overdrive Fan Computers Components