Solved

Is LiteOn A Good PSU Make?

Are they?
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about liteon good make
  1. No a budget Chinese brand.
  2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Name brand only.
    You NEVER buy a PSU from a company you never heard that manufactures PSUs.
  3. payturr said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Name brand only.
    You NEVER buy a PSU from a company you never heard that manufactures PSUs.

    They actually make many PSU's for the OEM's. http://www.overclock.net/t/790535/lite-on-psu-is-actually-pretty-beefy
  4. If a PSU dies, can it take things like the HDD with it?
  5. rolli59 said:
    Yes

    How long would it take for a LiteOn PSU to even die? Just because they aren't that good does that mean they will die faster? Also this is not my PC that has the PSU :).
  6. It can take anywhere from days to many years. It is all a matter of load and environment even quality PSU's can fail but most quality PSU's have internal protection that protects other components.
  7. rolli59 said:
    It can take anywhere from days to many years.

    It's in a 3 year old HP computer. Do you think it would need to be replaced with like a seasonic PSU?
  8. I suspected so much any quality PSU can replace it this is a popular replacement http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026
  9. melikepie said:
    It's in a 3 year old HP computer. Do you think it would need to be replaced with like a seasonic PSU?


    Hi - You have an hd7970, not a sound strategy to risk that level gpu
    with a low end psu with Chinese caps, etc. You are playing with fire.

    Your sys tdp with that gpu is approx 335w without oc, I suggest
    a quality 550w (no harm in more) psu.

    And yes, you were right on Seasonic or other quality brands.

    Tom
  10. toyftw said:
    Hi - You have an hd7970, not a sound strategy to risk that level gpu
    with a low end psu with Chinese caps, etc. You are playing with fire.

    Your sys tdp with that gpu is approx 335w without oc, I suggest
    a quality 550w (no harm in more) psu.

    And yes, you were right on Seasonic or other quality brands.

    Tom

    Like I said, this is not my PC I'm talking about : ).
  11. melikepie said:
    Like I said, this is not my PC I'm talking about : ).



    Right - shouldn't have said "You" in my reply.

    Tom
  12. Best answer
    Been running 24/7 in a HP Compaq dt since 2009 no problem even with a graphics card. It's only 300 w and yeah , it is good.
  13. Came in the stock unit, it is heavy sturdy and quite. Never heard anyone complain about Liteon.
  14. They aren't good power supplies.
  15. The SR-71 is a pile , go figure.
  16. melikepie said:
    If a PSU dies, can it take things like the HDD with it?

    Definitely, but in my case, it took my whole Dell PC, my table, my monitor which I really love.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Liteon Components Product