Mixing MS Works & Office XP Pro

New laptop comes with "Works" which has Word, Spread Sheet, Calendar,
Database... ect. I want to Add stuff from Office XP Professional (ie
FrontPage, Access... so forth). I noticed that the Office XP wants to
default at the same folder that the Works is installed too (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\Office|...

Can these be mixed together or should I change the Office XP installation.
Changing the folder will undoubtedly allow for duplicate installations of
certain things (Office Tools).

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about mixing works office

    Create a new folder, such as the following:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office XP
    and install Office XP in that folder.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    " JCO" wrote:

    | New laptop comes with "Works" which has Word, Spread Sheet, Calendar,
    | Database... ect. I want to Add stuff from Office XP Professional (ie
    | FrontPage, Access... so forth). I noticed that the Office XP wants to
    | default at the same folder that the Works is installed too (C:\Program
    | Files\Microsoft\Office|...
    |
    | Can these be mixed together or should I change the Office XP installation.
    | Changing the folder will undoubtedly allow for duplicate installations of
    | certain things (Office Tools).
    |
    | Thanks

Configuration Office Windows XP