Clear Taskbar Items

May 27, 2005 8:03:45 AM

How do you clear the list of items that Windows XP stores in the taskbar
history? I found no knowledge base articles on this. When I open Taskbar
Properties to customize, there are two sections: Current Items and Past
Items. How do you clear the Past Items? Past Items contains references to
many programs that have been uninstalled.

More about : clear taskbar items

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 4:07:04 PM

How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following
registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
TrayNotify

For an automated edit, go here...

Read the instructions at the top.
Scroll down to and click on...
53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eGOIAvqYFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
ForestSpirit <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
> How do you clear the list of items that Windows XP stores in the taskbar
> history? I found no knowledge base articles on this. When I open Taskbar
> Properties to customize, there are two sections: Current Items and Past
> Items. How do you clear the Past Items? Past Items contains references to
> many programs that have been uninstalled.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 5:53:18 PM

1.Open Regedit Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values

3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then
click End Process .

4.In Task Manager, click File , click New Task , type explorer , and then
click OK .

!