Clear Taskbar Items

How do you clear the list of items that Windows XP stores in the taskbar
history? I found no knowledge base articles on this. When I open Taskbar
Properties to customize, there are two sections: Current Items and Past
Items. How do you clear the Past Items? Past Items contains references to
many programs that have been uninstalled.
2 answers Last reply
More about clear taskbar items

    How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283084

    Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values from the following
    registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
    TrayNotify

    For an automated edit, go here...

    Read the instructions at the top.
    Scroll down to and click on...
    53. Remove Past Items From Notification Area

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:eGOIAvqYFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    ForestSpirit <seamaid24-graphics@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > How do you clear the list of items that Windows XP stores in the taskbar
    > history? I found no knowledge base articles on this. When I open Taskbar
    > Properties to customize, there are two sections: Current Items and Past
    > Items. How do you clear the Past Items? Past Items contains references to
    > many programs that have been uninstalled.

    1.Open Regedit Navigate to:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

    2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values

    3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then
    click End Process .

    4.In Task Manager, click File , click New Task , type explorer , and then
    click OK .

    "ForestSpirit" wrote:

    > How do you clear the list of items that Windows XP stores in the taskbar
    > history? I found no knowledge base articles on this. When I open Taskbar
    > Properties to customize, there are two sections: Current Items and Past
    > Items. How do you clear the Past Items? Past Items contains references to
    > many programs that have been uninstalled.

Configuration Taskbar Customization Windows XP