I5 3570k Weird Temp Range

blindnoir

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
So, I just upgraded my entire PC from an i7 920 to an i5 3750k. Before on the i7 I used the stock cooler. With the i5 I got the cooler master 212 Evo HSF. So I was checking the temperatures through Core Temp and I noticed something weird. On the i7 the temperature on each core were off about around 67 Celsius give or take 2-3 Celsius per core. However on the i5 they are off as much as 10c.

I'm getting the following results with the i5

Core0 56c

Core1 65c

Core2 62c

Core3 54c

It just seems odd to me that a full load they would be off by so much when on the i7 I only had 2-3 celcius difference. Should I try to resit the HSF or is this normal?

There will always be fluctuations in the temperatures. This is really nothing to worry about, though I really don't see the point of going from an i7-920 to a 3570K....

Anyway, even on my system which runs a custom watercooling loop has about an 8-10C difference between the coolest core to the hottest core. Might just be my waterblock mounting, but there's nothing wrong.

blindnoir

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Ok, I was just making sure. The reason I went from the i7 is because my old system got destroyed. Lightning hit my cable line. Fried everything my Ethernet was connected to: modem, router, PS3, and my PC and burned out a NIC on another PC so my PC wouldn't last 20 minutes without a total freeze. Lesson learned, now I bought a surge protector for my Ethernet cable.