Sign in with
Your question
Solved

After-market cooler for HD 5750?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 21, 2012 8:55:30 PM

So the fan on my Radeon HD 5750 just kicked the bucket and I'm in the market for a replacement cooler and heatsink. I'm having trouble finding a compatible one, but I think I did - a Logisys V200 that a buddy has. It physically fits, but the card has a 2-pin power connector and the fan has a 3-pin plug... I ordered what looked like a connector that would work online, but the sizes are all wrong (I think it might be for case fans, perhaps?). Can anyone give me some guidance on whether a connector that would work exists? If not, could you steer me towards a cooler that would work?

Thanks a bunch. I'm new the to hardware game, so I really appreciate any help.

More about : market cooler 5750

Best solution

June 22, 2012 7:49:37 AM

I had the same situation about my HIS iceQ whose cooler I replaced with BiFrost. The Bifrost FAN have 3PIN standard connector while the card have a fan header that have very small enclosure. Like you, I can not find an adaptor.

There are two options:
1. Connect the fan to the motherboard fan header but you lose the automatic fan control by the graphics card.
2. Cut the original connector from the old 5750 fan & use it to replace the 3PIN connector of the vga cooler. Just make sure the right wires are spliced together.

I ended up with Option 1 as I do not wish to bother with the splicing. Besides, my original iceQ cooler still works so I do not want to mess up with that just in case.
June 22, 2012 1:34:18 PM

If you are not interested in any mods then just get a Zalman VF900 and they mount on just about any card one can buy. It will mount on to your card with ease and if you buy a retail boxed one new it will come with everything you need to mount the cooler and to cool the memory on the card. The fan may need to be connected to a three pin fan header on the board or connected to a three pin to 4pin molex adapter. The fan on the cooler is almost compleatily silent and is fit for HTPC use. You can cool a 9800gt just fine and can handle a x1900xtx which runs much hotter than your 5750.
m
l
Related resources
June 26, 2012 6:52:14 PM

Thank you both! I went with Option 2 from randomkid and spliced them together. I put the wrong wires together the first time, which was a little frustrating, but it is running smoothly now! Thank you again.
m
l
June 26, 2012 11:15:50 PM

That's great to hear... Enjoy!
m
l
June 28, 2012 1:29:11 AM

Best answer selected by scottk1.
m
l
!