Solved

GTX580 sagging?

I have two Gtx 580's and the top one is sagging a bit? Do they sell brackets to stop the sag? I searched alil bit, but got frustrated and said to myself Tom's Hardware - they will know...
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx580 sagging
  1. Usually hard to find, they come with the cooler master series.

    You can try a method here:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1171410/vga-card-holder
  2. I wish they did sell brackets / supports to stop sags. The only time I have really seen them is in the Cooler Master HAF-X cases.
  3. I know you can get them for CM cases:

    http://www.cmstore.eu/cases/haf/haf-x/vga-card-retention-bracket/

    Apparently they fit on any case with holes next to the PCI slots? If your card is much larger(fatter/taller?) than reference size with any form of AM cooling they can be a very tight fit or not fit at all. I have used one on a Gigabyte gtx 580 with the Windforce Cooling and it only just fits in there. Did hold the 2 580s in place really well though....and you can mount a fan to them if you need.
  4. I took a log black wire bread tie and connected it to the corner of the accelero xtreme artic plus heatsink and fan to the top of the case to stop the sag. looks alil stupid but it works for now
  5. Did you use 2 screws to secure the back bracket to your case?
  6. edgeria said:
    I have two Gtx 580's and the top one is sagging a bit? Do they sell brackets to stop the sag? I searched alil bit, but got frustrated and said to myself Tom's Hardware - they will know...


    Maybe you should add back plates to them I think they stop the sagging
  7. +1 to maxh22 I would look into getting a back plate from evga or something.....I had a 9800gt at one point that sagged it was because of the cooler on there the board ended up warping over time...but a backplate would def help that

    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=M020-00-000215&family=Accessories%20-%20Hardware&sw=4
  8. drums101 said:
    +1 to maxh22 I would look into getting a back plate from evga or something.....I had a 9800gt at one point that sagged it was because of the cooler on there the board ended up warping over time...but a backplate would def help that

    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=M020-00-000215&family=Accessories%20-%20Hardware&sw=4


    Wow. +100. That was a really good answer.
  9. rwayne said:
    Wow. +100. That was a really good answer.



    haha thanks man maxh22 had the same idea as me, he beat me to it...I love the backplates that evga makes...not only do they help stop pcb warp if you have a huge aftermarket cooler but it also looks alot better than bare pcb imo....functional and stylish lol
  10. Best answer
    drums101 said:
    haha thanks man maxh22 had the same idea as me, he beat me to it...I love the backplates that evga makes...not only do they help stop pcb warp if you have a huge aftermarket cooler but it also looks alot better than bare pcb imo....functional and stylish lol


    Ye I have a gtx 670 with a backplate and it really helps, glad i helped tho. :D
  11. Best answer selected by edgeria.
  12. Thank you.
  13. edgeria said:
    Thank you.


    Anytime :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Tom's Hardware Graphics