edgeria

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I have two Gtx 580's and the top one is sagging a bit? Do they sell brackets to stop the sag? I searched alil bit, but got frustrated and said to myself Tom's Hardware - they will know...

Solution

Ye I have a gtx 670 with a backplate and it really helps, glad i helped tho. :D

Formata

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I know you can get them for CM cases:

http://www.cmstore.eu/cases/haf/haf-x/vga-card-retention-bracket/

Apparently they fit on any case with holes next to the PCI slots? If your card is much larger(fatter/taller?) than reference size with any form of AM cooling they can be a very tight fit or not fit at all. I have used one on a Gigabyte gtx 580 with the Windforce Cooling and it only just fits in there. Did hold the 2 580s in place really well though....and you can mount a fan to them if you need.

edgeria

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
I took a log black wire bread tie and connected it to the corner of the accelero xtreme artic plus heatsink and fan to the top of the case to stop the sag. looks alil stupid but it works for now

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Maybe you should add back plates to them I think they stop the sagging

Wow. +100. That was a really good answer.

drums101

Distinguished

haha thanks man maxh22 had the same idea as me, he beat me to it...I love the backplates that evga makes...not only do they help stop pcb warp if you have a huge aftermarket cooler but it also looks alot better than bare pcb imo....functional and stylish lol

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Ye I have a gtx 670 with a backplate and it really helps, glad i helped tho. :D

Solution