EVGA 9800GTX+ SCC and the EVGA 8800 Ultra Superclocked

Paul-Kun

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Hello, :hello:

As the title says, I've recently buy this two cards as there were top of the line in there time the EVGA 9800GTX+ SCC and the EVGA 8800 Ultra Superclocked, the question itself it's what can I do with this two cards, I've already read that there's no chance of running them in SLI so that's out of the question, so can I run one of them as a PhysX card? or I don't know something else?, or just put two 640 in SLI :D

Paul-Kun

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
umm, that's not really a problem, my monitor isn't big, its a 1280x720, and the most recent game I play is maybe COD MW3 and BF3 and for those I play in 1024x756 because I know of the limitations, this is just a quiestion of the top of my mind just wondering if I can pair them together, and if I get any performance enhance, I'm just saving for the new EVGA GTX 680 Classified, I'm already saving and waiting for the official Price

D

Deleted member 217926

At those very low resolutions especially 1024 x 768 you are mostly using your CPU and not your graphics card.

Paul-Kun

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
Yeah I know with a 1280x720 monitor its crazy, but hell, I'm just building the computer, so the next thing in order are the 3 monitor for full resolution, but it's just one thing at a time. It's a lot of saving just for me, so I can't afford much but, well I'm building it up to get something really nice for gaming, RAM 8GB, Mobo Socket LGA 1155, and a Pentium G630, that by the end of the year I expect to change for the 3770K, but I'ts building it up, this 2 graphic's card, I buy them at 50 bucks a piece so it really seem like a good deal just to play arroud in COD4 MW, SF4, and RE5 so I didn't expect much xD

Yeah I agree, a 670 would be better value. Or even a 7850. I mean if you want to just save up and get the best stuff then great! But I think if you aren't really in a position to spend thousands on a gaming rig, it might be worthwhile to think about it and get the best price/performance stuff, so basically upper-midrange. Just my thoughts.