Windows XP Home file associatopns..

In 98SE I had all image files associated with Irfanview and double clicking on the file
name opened them in Irfanview. Since upgrading to XP home when I double click the file
name they open in Internet Explorer even through I went into Irfanview and associated all
image files with Irfanview plus in Foler Options, File Types the majority are still set
for Irfanview. How do I get them to open in Irfanview again??

Plus in 98SE if I highlighted file name and right clicked on it I would have the option
"Open with" if I held the Control or Shift key down.

How do I get them to open in Irfanview again?

TIA

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

More about windows home file associatopns

    To associate a file with a program
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/associate_file_with_program.mspx

    To change the program that opens a file
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_fcab_program_opens_file.mspx

    To associate a file name extension with a file type
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_reg_filetype.mspx

    To modify an existing file type
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_fcab_reg_filetype_modify.mspx

    How to change file associations in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:jmge91l0e9kg6t9fabhkj6i3o80f06548a@4ax.com,
    whayface <whayfaceSPAM7540722@yahooJUNK.com> hunted and pecked:
    > In 98SE I had all image files associated with Irfanview and double
    > clicking on the file name opened them in Irfanview. Since upgrading to
    > XP home when I double click the file name they open in Internet Explorer
    > even through I went into Irfanview and associated all image files with
    > Irfanview plus in Foler Options, File Types the majority are still set
    > for Irfanview. How do I get them to open in Irfanview again??
    >
    > Plus in 98SE if I highlighted file name and right clicked on it I would
    > have the option "Open with" if I held the Control or Shift key down.
    >
    > How do I get them to open in Irfanview again?
    >
    > TIA

    > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

    Multiposting is posting separate copies of the same message in different
    newsgroups.

    You have multiposted this to both

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics

    and

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize

    See this on how to crosspost...
    What is the accepted way to share a message across multiple newsgroups?
    http://smjg.port5.com/faqs/usenet/xpost.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:jmge91l0e9kg6t9fabhkj6i3o80f06548a@4ax.com,
    whayface <whayfaceSPAM7540722@yahooJUNK.com> hunted and pecked:
    > In 98SE I had all image files associated with Irfanview and double
    > clicking on the file name opened them in Irfanview. Since upgrading to
    > XP home when I double click the file name they open in Internet Explorer
    > even through I went into Irfanview and associated all image files with
    > Irfanview plus in Foler Options, File Types the majority are still set
    > for Irfanview. How do I get them to open in Irfanview again??
    >
    > Plus in 98SE if I highlighted file name and right clicked on it I would
    > have the option "Open with" if I held the Control or Shift key down.
    >
    > How do I get them to open in Irfanview again?
    >
    > TIA

    > E-mail address altered to foil spam.
    > Remove spam and junk to reply via e-mail.

Configuration Windows XP