Cpu at 44c and cores at 100?

Hello,iv got i7 970 six cores and i go to speed fan check tempreture cpu is runing at 44c and cores 100c wtf is going on!!!!


http://postimage.org/image/elh3ml03f/
15 answers Last reply
More about cores
  1. i think that the sensors have malfunctioned or it overheated because the cpu cooler isn't placed right.also have you overclocked it
  2. never overclocked it and iv checkd its in right place :(
  3. most likely it's the sensors have gone bad since the cpu is getting kinda old
  4. gordonfiles said:
    Hello,iv got i7 970 six cores and i go to speed fan check tempreture cpu is runing at 44c and cores 100c wtf is going on!!!!


    http://postimage.org/image/elh3ml03f/


    probably thermal compound become dry so this could be happen too try changing the thermal compound too
  5. :( lucky me that sucks paid 600 for it 2 yrs ago
  6. gordonfiles said:
    :( lucky me that sucks paid 600 for it 2 yrs ago

    the computer or cpu because if it's the cpu the i understand computer parts depreciate QUICKLY but if you got that cpu in a computer for $600 2 years ago i'm proud of you for finding such a cheap price
  7. 2 yrs ago and now u r thermal paste become dry try apply a new one
  8. monu_08 said:
    probably thermal compound become dry so this could be happen too try changing the thermal compound too

    i forgot about the thermal paste but drying out in only 2 years?
  9. bro u dont know some gamers do change there cpu paste at 6 months too 2 yrs is such a long time too and also if u never ever open ur case it have got some junk dust too clean it up with a brush and re apply the new thermal paste
  10. monu_08 said:
    bro u dont know some gamers do change there cpu paste at 6 months too 2 yrs is such a long time too and also if u never ever open ur case it have got some junk dust too clean it up with a brush and re apply the new thermal paste

    also wouldn't the cpu throttle or shut down because the tempertures are to high
  11. today cpu are design for high conductivity i assure i7 can handle at 80 maximum
    and remember always check bios temp of cpu not the desktop cpu temp checker
    bios temp gives the real one
  12. if u need help how to install a thermal paste here my a great review http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/333968-28-thermal-paste-removal-installation-guide
  13. thanks guys ill try change thermal paste today see how it goes.
  14. well here its i have changed thermal paste and much better but is this still normal???btw cpu was on fullload runing windows assesment test.and this is is what i use to cool down the cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118129


    http://postimage.org/image/peovmhau3/
  15. gordonfiles said:
    well here its i have changed thermal paste and much better but is this still normal???btw cpu was on fullload runing windows assesment test.and this is is what i use to cool down the cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118129


    http://postimage.org/image/peovmhau3/

    i would use real temp or the bios temperature that way you know the exact temp. that your cpu is at
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Fan Product