xp_publish (Publish to the Web) on the desktop?

Hi.

Is it possible to to place the above on the desktop? I'm trying to make it
easier for my wife to upload her pictures and she sometimes gets lost using
Explorer :)

It would be great if it was possible to have a browse button.

TIA-

Hooligan
2 answers Last reply
More about xp_publish publish desktop

    To make a website show up on your desktop, you have to right click on your
    desktop > properties > destop tab > customize desktop > web tab. Click on
    New and then type in your URL (website addresss) and hit OK. I hope this
    helps!

    AK

    "Hooligan" wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > Is it possible to to place the above on the desktop? I'm trying to make it
    > easier for my wife to upload her pictures and she sometimes gets lost using
    > Explorer :)
    >
    > It would be great if it was possible to have a browse button.
    >

    > TIA-
    >

    > Hooligan

    Thanks Aaron -

    But that's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

    If I open the MyPictures folder and have the Task Pane opened, it shows,
    among other choices, "Publish to the Web".

    I'd like to have publish to the web on the desktop and not have to open the
    Folder task pane.

    --
    You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

    "Aaron K" wrote:

    > To make a website show up on your desktop, you have to right click on your
    > desktop > properties > destop tab > customize desktop > web tab. Click on
    > New and then type in your URL (website addresss) and hit OK. I hope this
    > helps!
    >
    > AK
    >
    > "Hooligan" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > Is it possible to to place the above on the desktop? I'm trying to make it
    > > easier for my wife to upload her pictures and she sometimes gets lost using
    > > Explorer :)
    > >
    > > It would be great if it was possible to have a browse button.
    > >

    > > TIA-
    > >

    > > Hooligan

Configuration Desktops Microsoft Customization Windows XP