xp_publish (Publish to the Web) on the desktop?

May 27, 2005 6:01:21 PM

Hi.

Is it possible to to place the above on the desktop? I'm trying to make it
easier for my wife to upload her pictures and she sometimes gets lost using
Explorer :)

It would be great if it was possible to have a browse button.

TIA-

Hooligan
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:54:01 PM

To make a website show up on your desktop, you have to right click on your
desktop > properties > destop tab > customize desktop > web tab. Click on
New and then type in your URL (website addresss) and hit OK. I hope this
helps!

AK

"Hooligan" wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to to place the above on the desktop? I'm trying to make it
> easier for my wife to upload her pictures and she sometimes gets lost using
> Explorer :)
>
> It would be great if it was possible to have a browse button.
>

> TIA-
>

> Hooligan
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 8:10:37 PM

Thanks Aaron -

But that's not what I'm trying to accomplish.

If I open the MyPictures folder and have the Task Pane opened, it shows,
among other choices, "Publish to the Web".

I'd like to have publish to the web on the desktop and not have to open the
Folder task pane.

--
You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

!