Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia geforce gtx 460 problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 12:45:34 AM

Ok, I am using nvidia geforce gtx 460 and since like 2-3 months i have this problem in some video games...
I am currently using 295.73 drivers version. I know that there is 301.42 but i have red somewhere that new drivers are also but, but either way this was happening with the new drivers also. I am not sure if its a drivers problem or graphic card is bad or damaged or something... can u please help me? Here is the screenshot, sometimes tere are more of those things on the screen. sometimes when i alt+tab from game to desktop and return to the game, those black red and green errors disappear but after a while they appear again.

Pls help, ty :) 

http://imageshack.us...196/bughdq.jpg/ <--- screenshot

I am using WIN 7
I have 4gb RAM
My processor is AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.00GHz
June 22, 2012 12:47:17 AM

ShadyPro said:
Ok, I am using nvidia geforce gtx 460 and since like 2-3 months i have this problem in some video games...
I am currently using 295.73 drivers version. I know that there is 301.42 but i have red somewhere that new drivers are also but, but either way this was happening with the new drivers also. I am not sure if its a drivers problem or graphic card is bad or damaged or something... can u please help me? Here is the screenshot, sometimes tere are more of those things on the screen. sometimes when i alt+tab from game to desktop and return to the game, those black red and green errors disappear but after a while they appear again.

Pls help, ty :) 

http://imageshack.us...196/bughdq.jpg/ <--- screenshot

I am using WIN 7
I have 4gb RAM
My processor is AMD Athlon II X3 440 3.00GHz

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/bughdq.jpg/ <--- working screenshot :) 
a c 144 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 22, 2012 4:03:32 AM

did that happen with other games as well?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 4:18:26 AM

Try the new drivers, they might help.
June 22, 2012 1:30:17 PM

@Renzs496 it vas happening in League of legends but a bit differently and in DIABLO 3

@Ironslice Please read what i wrote, I said that it was happening with new drivers too
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 1:37:20 PM

Artifacting? Check your temps under full load.
June 22, 2012 1:38:43 PM

Can u help me how to that? What program should i get for that?
a c 172 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 22, 2012 1:44:33 PM

How many hours of use do you think that your 460 has had thus far? I got a gtx460 my self and it is almost two years old now but one thing that you have to keep in mind about these cards is that they degrade over time unless you mod them. The vast majority of these cards had no cooling for the power vrm and vram. What happens is that the power vrm often when the card is under full load it often heats up passed 100c for most cards even though the gpu can be nice and cool. The memory doesn't like to get hot and can show black shadows and objects when there should be colored textures.

Tell us what model your card is or a quick pic of it in your case. Without knowing which one it is put the fan at 80% during gaming as it will help keep the rest of the card at a better temp. I modded mine early on and is a tank when playing wow, all 7 clients at once ;) 
a c 172 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 22, 2012 1:45:15 PM

ShadyPro said:
Can u help me how to that? What program should i get for that?

GPU-Z or msi afterburner
!