CM Storm Trooper > Can't detect chassis fans

PF85

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
Hi there. I just got myself a CM Storm Trooper and hooked up a ASRock Z77 Extreme4 inside of it. It all works fine except for the fans. They spin around, but theres no light (as far as I know, they should glow red) and I can't detect the RPM of the fans.

I'm not that hardcore when it comes to building computers, but I just can't see where I've gone wrong. I've connected the fans to the cabels from the fan controller on top of the case. The only fan I plugged into the motherboard were the CPU fan.

I know that its not a huge amount of information, but I'm hoping for some help. Also, if theres any information you need, then please say so.

Thanks

Picture of fan monitor:
http://i.imgur.com/7IQ4K.jpg

PF85

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008

LOL, that took care of the LED problem. Thanks :D

Now theres only the RPM problem left :p

dont think fans connected to the fan controller will show rpms

i have the storm trooper

but also using a 6 channel fan controller so my fans except the cpu are connected to that

they dont show rpms

i just adjust them according to noise and cpu temperature as monitored by realtemp

PF85

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008

Yeah, that might be it. So what you're saying is that I have to choose between plugging them into my motherboard and be able to detect the RPM or plug them into the controller and not detect RPM?

TRENDING THREADS