1: id get ivy bridge but sandy is ok. more features with ivy
2:the hyper 212 is probably a better cooler. never used zalaman stuff
3:velociraptors arent that much faster
4:samsung is cheaper for around the same performance
5: the 7850 performs the same but uses half as much power
1. So is the I5 3570k a Ivy bridge? Its only $20 more than my selected CPU so I will change that.
2. I will stick with Zalman, used them with my first build and it cooled my PC excellent.
3. So instead of a velociraptor I should just opt for a larger capacity HDD?
4. Swapped that out to samsung.
5. I'd like to stay with Nvidia. Never have been a fan of ATI. Is there a better value/performance card I could choose?
the hyper 212 cools better. the zalman is a older design
2: the velociraptor doesnt give that much of a speed gain. get a good hard drive like the seagate barracuda or the wd caviar black. the caviar black has 5 years of warranty compared to the seagate 1 year. your pick there
3:no. the 7850 is pretty much the best bang for the buck. if you want to wait a week, the 660ti is coming out on the 16th at around the 300 dollar mark