System spec:

AMD Athlon 1.33GHz
Asus A7M266 Mobo
512MB PC2100 RAM
Creative 3D Blaster GeForce2 Pro 64MB v/c
Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1 s/c
Adaptec 2940 SCSI card

plus other bits and pieces

First problem was when I tried to install the driver. It took several attempts to get the damn PC to cop-operate, but finally I managed to get the drive in an working.

Then, I thought I'd try to install LiveWare 3. But, whenever I try to install it, all I get is an empty dialogue box with YES/NO buttons.

Also, if I try to update the driver, I get "CAN'T FIND A LIVE 5.1 CARD", yet under Device Manager, I apparently have one.

What is going on?

(PS I have all the latest drivers/fixes for my MOBO - VIA 4-in-1, W98 Miniport driver, 1004a BIOS revison).

HHHHEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!

Andy

More about : live problem

August 26, 2001 2:13:48 PM

Try taking you card out, putting in to PCI Slot # 3 then reinstalling the drivers.

If it works for you then don't fix it.
August 26, 2001 7:51:50 PM

The best way to get rid of all your present, as well as future, problems is to sell you card in Ebay and buy a Philips Acoustics Edge.

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!
August 27, 2001 5:29:56 AM

I have to agree with sticky mouse on this one, the Live sucks, I've known that for a while, but these other guys are just starting to realize it.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!
!