Windows 7 Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Is all original Windows 7 Key can only be used 1x? I mean something wrong with my original Windows 7, then I want to fresh install it, will the key activated again?

Some company sell very cheap original key + OS download link but can only be used 1x. Maybe there's a different between full package of Windows 7 disc and the cheap one.

Solution
Of course the link to download the ISO is legit, its been there forever and it is no secret. It is only the key that is suspected to be fake and only the key is what's worth the money!!
Any legitimate Windows 7 key can be used to install the same system multiple times. An OEM key can only be used to install on the same hardware as it was first activated on, but it can still be installed multiple times on that hardware. A retail key can be used to install on different machines, but activating it on a new machine will revoke the activation status for the old machine.

maxson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

The seller says it is 100% original. After I make the payment, they send me the OS download link (not yet downloaded), and after the download done, they will give me the key to activate the windows. I have asked them a question, can I use the key if something goes wrong to my windows, and I want to make a fresh install and use the key again to activate. They said, I can't. The key can only be used 1x only, so just be carefull not to format my HDD, but just repair what damaged.

In dollar currency, the price just around $12.95.

So, what version of Windows 7 they give to me?

maxson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011

I'm not sure about this, but every time someone wants to buy the key, special link will be given to download the OS (the link has 2 - 3 valid days and after that, the link will be expired), and after the download complete, they give the key to activate the windows.

It is exactly as sminlal wrote.

If u pay less than $80 for home premium, its a fake one.

What are u buying? Ultimate version for $12? it is fake generated # and it will stop working after couple of weeks of updates.

Now u know that u have illegal windows and who knows, maybe there is some rootkit packed in, so don't be shocked when things goes bad.

You have been warned. It is pirated software that u are using.

If you're a student at qualified educational institutions, you can get discounted keys under the MS Academic Alliance program. It's been a while since I've done that, but I recall it working similar to the way you describe. However if this is really what they're doing and if they're not demanding proof that you're a student then it's a scam.

maxson

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Well, I don't know whether it is original or not. I just click the link, and the file is really from microsoft.com. But there is no harm to find out, right. I will try activated it and install KB971033 or anything to find out if it is really original. If it is really original then I'm lucky, if not then I'll stay away from it.

Besides KB971033, what else can I do make sure I have genuine windows 7?

You might want to goto their website.

http://www.************ysia.com.my/

OR

http://**************pot.com/

Sorry, but we cannot give u any advice on how to use pirated software!
--
It is against the Rules Of Conduct.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/20984-9-read-first

Status
Not open for further replies.