Sign in with
Your question

How to change primary display on AMD Radeon 6310?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 1:44:48 AM

I have connected a secondary display to my hp 635 laptop. I want to use this secondary display as the PRIMARY display of the system.. Windows XP finds the secondary monitor (connected with VGA cable), but I wanna make it primary monitor, but it's impossible because the primary option is grayed out as you can see in my screenshot:
http://scr.hu/5sj/au7pk

I just hate it when windows grays out options for me..

Anyhow.. I run driver version 8.821.0.0
I remember I went through hell before I found a version that worked with xp.

I just wanna clone the primary to the secondary screen if possible, I have never had any problem doing this with my previously owned laptops, and it shouldn't be a big deal, like, plug in the cable and it should do this automatically... Stupid computer, I hate it, I really do... Anyhow, hope someone can help out! :bounce: 

More about : change primary display amd radeon 6310

June 22, 2012 2:17:44 AM

On your laptop you should have a FN (Function key on lower left of the keyboard) + (F key that has a little monitor on it near the top). It will switch the display for you.
m
l
June 22, 2012 2:23:15 AM

OK, I have this little fn key, and a symbol that looks like a monitor at f4, but nothing happens.. It's strange, because I don't need to press the fn key to use the volume buttons for example, and some of the other buttons are not working. The wifi button (f12) works without pressing fn button..

My computer has a lot of weird *** going on. I always get the freak errors that nobody else have ever heard about.

I tried use the HDMI output, but nothing good came out of that either. Nada, zip, zero.

m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2012 2:27:42 AM

Okay do a restart with the laptop. Make sure your monitor is on the correct output display, and try the Fn + F4 again.
m
l
May 28, 2013 7:26:42 AM

fantastik250 said:
Okay do a restart with the laptop. Make sure your monitor is on the correct output display, and try the Fn + F4 again.

Ye dont press the fn key for what used to be '2ndary functions' (ie: the non f1 button.) Cuz win8 has the f1 as the 2ndary. its retarded, but that's how it is.
m
l
!