Intel Core i5-2400 3.1GHz and memory ram?

Kingston or Corsair memory for Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz? Please help me find the best 8GB (4X2) Ram Kingston or Corsair for this processor.
12 answers Last reply
More about intel core 2400 1ghz memory
  1. did you get the 2400 already because a 3450 is a better choice

neither brands. id get gskill ares 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9 at newegg for 44.99
  2. kingston ram is nice but the 1.5v versions are kinda expensive. corsair memory is generally too tall for most uses (unless you get low profile ones)
  3. If you don't mind using a different brand, I recomend this kit:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544

Crucial is regarded as one of, if not the, top system memory company and Ballistix sport is among their best brands.
  4. yeah i forgot about crucial. i just use gskill because i have some in my new pc
  5. G.Skill is also great.
  6. Sorry, but I know little about cp building... :( what do you mean by "corsair memory is generally too tall for most uses (unless you get low profile ones)" ?
  7. corsair vengeance ram heatsinks are very tall. they dont fit under most tall heatsinks and the heatsinks dont do anything. better off with low profile ram to start off with
  8. I checked your suggestion and am lost now ... What I'm trying to do is to upgrade my PC. I was thinking of getting Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 , Motherboard ASUS P8H77-V LE LGA 1155 or ASUS P8H77-V LGA 1155 (don't know the difference) and some brand/type of RAM compatible with this system. Important to say that I am not interested in playing games, much less overclocking.... Please, help me :sweat: , you guys! :sweat:
  9. What do you use your computer for?
  10. id get a i5 3550 and a h77-v board instead. id also get gskill ares 2x4gb 1600mhz cl9 memory.

on h77, there is no overclocking
  11. I use my computer a lot for research and file downloading, reading in general, listening to music, watching/editing videos, playing light games, messaging, etc. etc.
  12. if video editing is just a small thing, then the i5 3550 and the h77-v board will suit your needs
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Core Kingston Intel Intel i5 RAM Corsair Memory Systems Product