Looking to upgrade an Inspiron 530s

Stay_Up

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Hi, I bought a used 6 year old Inspiron 530s off a garage sale for $70 and I'm currently looking to upgrade it's graphics capabilities by a bit. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy :p

It's current specs are
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 1.80 GHz
3.5 Gigs memory

I had a cousin with some Crucial rams lying around and we bumped it's memory up to 3.5 from it's stock 1 gig. Now I'm looking to buy a graphics card for it. I'll only be using this for web browsing, music, watching videos, and occasionally, photo editing with PS. Right now I'm eyeing the Sapphire HD 5450 which goes for $35 at Amazon. I'm not really looking to spend more than $50 to upgrading this computer and I'll be limited to it's 250w Power Supply (which I don't really want to upgrade either). So will the 5450 be more than capable enough for the tasks I listed above, and will it run off of this system's stock power supply? Thanks a lot guys.

Stay_Up

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, I've been looking at nothing but Low Profile Cards, I know that much ha. So the low PSU will be enough? Just really wanna be sure. If you have any other low priced, low power consumption cards you can suggest, feel free to mention them. Thanks a lot.

2- try to shoot for a PCI-E 2.0 version, 2.1 sometimes have issues with older DELL mobos

Hmm, any idea what version this one is? This is the one I'm currently looking at.

TRENDING THREADS