HD 7850 OC "Sapphire" or "Gigabyte" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

errorloading

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Hi i am planning to buy new HD 7850 Tomorrow and i found only two types in my country

1. Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5 Windforce
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4155

- Core Clock 975 MHz
- Ultra Durable 2 Technology
- WINDFORCE Cool Technology
- Gold plated HDMI
- Warranty 3 Years

Price: 258$

-----------------------------------------

2. SAPPHIRE HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1160&pid=1499&psn=&lid=1&leg=0

- Core Clock 920 MHz Core Clock
- Free 8GB USB.2 Flash
- Warranty 3 Years

Price: 243$

I guess the Gigabyte is better "cooling and OC and Features"
i mean the ultra durable and gold plated tech consider benefits sapphire don't had or i am wrong, my question is gigabyte extra 15$ worth it or not.. thanks :)

randomkid

Distinguished

I like Sapphire for its lots of bundled accessories. An HDMI cable included:
CrossFire™ Bridge Interconnect Cable
Mini-DP to DP Cable
6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter(Full Retail SKU only)
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable(Full Retail SKU only)

errorloading

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009

you forgot to mention the Free USB Flash but anyway I don't need all sapphire output accessories stuff, i only use HDMI cable and i'm already own BELKIN Cable, all i need is better cooling and low noise level "also i'm that OC expert" so i guess i am not going to OC my pc

I guess Gigabyte already better OC but what abut the noise level and cooling ?

errorloading

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009

i'm that OC expert" so i guess i am not going to OC my PC, I guess Gigabyte already better OC but what abut the noise level and cooling which is better ?

randomkid

Distinguished

I think that goes to Gigabyte just for having 3 fans. I own Sapphire with Dual Fans ( 6950 ) but I have not run it by itself so I do not know how quite it is. Besides, the 6950 is a bigger chip so hotter & probably noisier than a 7850 with the heatsink/fan set up being the same.

I'd like to check for reviews ( there may be faces off between these solutions ) but I have to go. :) Will try to catch up if still needed.

errorloading

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009

both have 2 fans, sorry my mistake 1st link was for 7870 :pt1cable:

yes, thanks for finding it... I was on my phone and couldn't find it at all. stupid small screen

Edit: Also, all of that ultra durable and gold plated tech stuff from gigabyte's just pointless in my opinion. I'm sure they're not lying, but the only REAL telling factor about the manufacturing quality of a card's the warranty. and both offer 3 years. thus both companies must have enough confidence for enough of their cards to make it through 3 years without issues. beyond which, well, I can see you upgrading 3 years from now if it breaks then :p

errorloading

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009

i can't compare both because the 7970 version with windforce 3 fans, 7800 serious got only 2 fans :pt1cable:

The thing is, those 2 fans are the SAME fans (please correct me if I'm wrong guys).

Gigabyte uses the same type of fans for the single, double, and triple fan coolers of the windforce 3 series. so if anything, I'd expect the 2 fans to be a bit quieter than the 3 fan model, cooling would probably be about the same. at least those are my best guesses.

at the end of the day, a 50mhz overclock over the sapphire isn't worth $15 in my book. and that's the ONLY difference to me between the two cards. all the rest I see as purely marketing fluff

G

I ordered today Gigabyte's version which replaces my current XFX HD5770 1GB (reference cooler replaced with Arctic Cooling Accelero S2 VGA).

My specs are following:
i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0 (Noctua NH-D14)
Asus P7P55D-E
Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz DDR3 (2x4GB kit)
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IPS (Win 7 Pro x64)
2 x Mechanic SATA-II drives (1TB + 2TB, for other data except OS)
Chieftec 650W PSU
FD Define 3

randomkid

Distinguished
I ordered today Gigabyte's version which replaces my current XFX HD5770 1GB (reference cooler replaced with Arctic Cooling Accelero S2 VGA).

My specs are following:
i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0 (Noctua NH-D14)
Asus P7P55D-E
Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz DDR3 (2x4GB kit)
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IPS (Win 7 Pro x64)
2 x Mechanic SATA-II drives (1TB + 2TB, for other data except OS)
Chieftec 650W PSU
FD Define 3
Good for you. :)
And the reason you posted in this thread is... ?

G

Idea was to edit same post (introduction) and add some benchmark results as a purpose to give supporting information for possible decision making.

randomkid

Distinguished
Idea was to edit same post (introduction) and add some benchmark results as a purpose to give supporting information for possible decision making.
I see. Sorry if I jump the gun (although the original post was 9 hours ago & still no edit when I asked...) Anyway, please feel free to provide more input. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.