which Hardware to speed up WOW

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 25, 2005 7:01:07 AM

Hi!
I'm using:
Pentium4 2,4Ghz / ATI Radeon 9800SE / 1GB Ram (DDR) and A-DSL (2000)
and my WOW is still to laggy...
i wanna play WOW with best settings (i.e. best graphics).
Which hardware i should update?

More about : hardware speed wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 25, 2005 10:32:44 AM

maxnews01@web.de wrote:

>Hi!
>I'm using:
>Pentium4 2,4Ghz / ATI Radeon 9800SE / 1GB Ram (DDR) and A-DSL (2000)
>and my WOW is still to laggy...
>i wanna play WOW with best settings (i.e. best graphics).
>Which hardware i should update?

All my problems went away when I went to 1GB of ram. Maybe it's not
your hardware? Too much spyware running in the background? Lousy
Internet connection?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 25, 2005 1:32:35 PM

I have a Athlon XP 2500 / ATI Radeon 8500/ 1.5 GB PC3200 and high speed
internet and I don't get lag even in Lagrimmar.

I'd scan for spyware, and turn off all anti-virus software while
playing.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 25, 2005 3:02:09 PM

"Gatael" <gatael@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a Athlon XP 2500 / ATI Radeon 8500/ 1.5 GB PC3200 and high speed
>internet and I don't get lag even in Lagrimmar.
>
>I'd scan for spyware, and turn off all anti-virus software while
>playing.

When I started playing I had 500 megs of ram and Orgrimmar was pure
agony. Before the BGs, those nightly raids were so herky jerky I
couldn't stand it. Then I went to a gig and it was like night and day.
I have a slower computer than either of you (XP 2000) and an old
Gforce 3 with the video options cranked up to the max. I haven't
checked my frame rate lately, but it seems smooth enough. I've got two
spyware programs running in the background, Norton antivirus,
ZoneAlarm, and a couple of other things. I'm fine unless a scan kicks
in -- in which case I'm toast.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 25, 2005 6:34:36 PM

<maxnews01@web.de> skrev i melding
> Hi!
> I'm using:
> Pentium4 2,4Ghz / ATI Radeon 9800SE / 1GB Ram (DDR) and A-DSL (2000)
> and my WOW is still to laggy...
> i wanna play WOW with best settings (i.e. best graphics).
> Which hardware i should update?

I have a similar setup, and can't play with max settings without getting low
fps, especially the graphics at distance have to be turned down.
I am going for another gig of ram (DDR-2) and maybe a 512mb graphics card,
not sure which yet.
I just luw my graphics :-)

Agin
!