Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Requesting advice on choosing CPU

Last response: in CPUs
Share
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 27, 2012 1:10:38 PM

I am searching for a pretty decent processor, stable on medium settings of all games ( Old & New ). I am willing to pay up to 120$ ( But if you have a close price for a good one I might increase the budget ). I prefer Intel-Based one but I do accept AMD opinions.

Thanks!
December 27, 2012 1:15:01 PM

your best intel option is i3 3220.
you can consider fx 6300 or fx6100, if you are going with AMD..
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 27, 2012 1:20:22 PM

shaun_shaun said:
your best intel option is i3 3220.
you can consider fx 6300 or fx6100, if you are going with AMD..



Thanks for your reply!

I was thinking the same about an i3 processor but the problem is that I have no idea if it is compatible with my motherboard ( I have Asrock G41MH/USB3, NOT R2.0)

I searched at internet but didn't find anything helpful :o 
Related resources
December 27, 2012 1:21:47 PM

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz quad core black edition for £70 on Amazon which is around $130. In my opinion I suggest increase budget and go for.something like an i7 or i5.
December 27, 2012 1:25:55 PM

I've had both the i3 and the Phenom mentioned above and I can tell you from my experience that the phenom totally out performs the i3 when it comes to gaming.
December 27, 2012 1:26:58 PM

your G41 chipset motherboard only supports LGA775 socket .. you need a motherboard with LGA1155 socket... you need a H61 or higher motherboard ...
December 27, 2012 1:27:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply!

I was thinking the same about an i3 processor but the problem is that I have no idea if it is compatible with my motherboard ( I have Asrock G41MH/USB3, NOT R2.0)

I searched at internet but didn't find anything helpful :o 



Here some info:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41MHUSB3/?cat=Specifica...

According to the specs, its a LGA 775 socket, so no it wouldn't be compatible with 1155 socket processors. Id recommend getting a new motherboard. Otherwise, you'll have to get an older intel processor.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
December 27, 2012 1:35:37 PM

discordian said:
Here some info:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G41MHUSB3/?cat=Specifica...

According to the specs, its a LGA 775 socket, so no it wouldn't be compatible with 1155 socket processors. Id recommend getting a new motherboard. Otherwise, you'll have to get an older intel processor.


Thanks for the page related to my processor :o  ( I think I have been there again but never noticed that it's a LGA 775 socket ). I think I will be going with a Gigabyte motherboard.

EDIT: I have found this cheap motherboard ( http://www.singular.com.cy/gigabyte-ga-h61m-ds2v-rev.-2... ). I think it's decent choice, what do you guys think?
!