Background color in Windows-based programs

How can I get rid of the bluish-grey background in all my Web pages and get a
pure white one instead like all my friends have? I have XP Home edition with
SP 2 and have tried Appearances and Themes in Control Panel but cannot get a
white background color no matter if I use Windows Classic theme or XP theme.
Do I have to use Accessibility Wizard or .........????
3 answers Last reply
More about background color windows based programs

    Dubja, you are looking in the wrong place. When in Internet Explorer
    select Tools>Internet Options>Colors and Font Buttons
    "dubja" <dubja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I get rid of the bluish-grey background in all my Web pages and
    > get a
    > pure white one instead like all my friends have? I have XP Home edition
    > with
    > SP 2 and have tried Appearances and Themes in Control Panel but cannot get
    > white background color no matter if I use Windows Classic theme or XP
    > theme.
    > Do I have to use Accessibility Wizard or .........????

    I have done that twice already, once clicking on Windows colors,as someone
    else suggested, and also unclicking on Windows colors, hoping that would be
    better. No luck, as there is no change in the background or text no matter
    which one I choose.

    dubja wrote:
    > I have done that twice already, once clicking on Windows colors,as someone
    > else suggested, and also unclicking on Windows colors, hoping that would be
    > better. No luck, as there is no change in the background or text no matter
    > which one I choose.
    >
    > "Rich Barry" wrote:
    >

    >> Dubja, you are looking in the wrong place. When in Internet Explorer
    >>select Tools>Internet Options>Colors and Font Buttons
    >>"dubja" <dubja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>How can I get rid of the bluish-grey background in all my Web pages and
    >>>get a
    >>>pure white one instead like all my friends have? I have XP Home edition
    >>>with
    >>>SP 2 and have tried Appearances and Themes in Control Panel but cannot get
    >>>white background color no matter if I use Windows Classic theme or XP
    >>>theme.
    >>>Do I have to use Accessibility Wizard or .........????

    Dubja,

    Try changing this within Control Panel/Display OR easier, Right-click
    on your Desktop/select Properties/Appearance/Advanced/ITEM: Application
    Background: Change to your desired color/Apply. Windows XP should
    reset your Windows based application color.

    AB

Configuration Customization Windows XP