Sign in with
Your question

GPU not detected still.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 6:28:37 AM

I posted a thread about 2 weeks ago about this and I thought I narrowed down the problem to a broken GPU,

I don't know what the problem is here and I hope you guys can help me. I ordered a new mobo and CPU (a Z77 extreme 4 and a 3550 and when I installed the components everything seemed to work. When I installed my GPU though, my motherboard didn't detect it. (In the bios I can see if the card is detected). Also I didn't get any video when I plug my monitor into my card. I tried out another much older card and it worked (it was detected and I got video, so I thought that the problem was my card for some reason. I RMAed my card and got a replacement. But now I still don't get video, the card isn't recognized and for some reason the fan seems to be on max. I cleared the CMOS and that didn't work.

The card is a 6870 by the way.

Help?

More about : gpu detected

June 22, 2012 6:49:54 AM

I cleared my CMOS and updated my BIOS. Nothing worked. I may take this to a proper computer repair store since I don't know what the *** is going on.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 6:59:47 AM

Does your motherboard have a 2nd PCIe slot? If yes, try putting the card there...

Edit: By the way, the 6870 requires 2 PCIe connector from the Power Supply. Did you connect them?
m
l
Related resources
June 22, 2012 7:05:45 AM

randomkid said:
Does your motherboard have a 2nd PCIe slot? If yes, try putting the card there...

Edit: By the way, the 6870 requires 2 PCIe connector from the Power Supply. Did you connect them?

Yes and yes. I've tried all of the slots and none of them work. I've tried another card and it works in both slots. The power is connected. I'm getting very frustrated :fou:  .
m
l
June 22, 2012 7:30:30 AM

I just realized that Sapphire gave me the same card I RMAed. I don't think that they repaired it at all.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 8:08:51 AM

^It is just possible that its what they did. Too bad. I guess you just have to RMA it again & see what they have to say this time.
m
l
!