Ati mobility radeon 4570 video graphics driver windows 7

arum_lily

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
In my Action Centre On Sony VGN FW51 laptop I have a message `address video graphics problem. I`ve tried Microsoft but have only had 1 reply which said ignore it & hide Action Centre - not helpful. Can you help me please. It apparently affects Windows Hardware. I was told a solution was available but if wouldn`t download. A report was sent but that`s all the so-called help I`ve received. If I ignore it as suggested it could get worse.

I agree, you must get your drivers for your laptop only from its support site.

Do this:
1) uninstall any drivers (i.e. video) not officially supported, if any

2) reinstall the main chipset driver

3) reinstall the video driver

You may also have a driver management tool.

Also:
- update the laptop BIOS if out of date
- run Memtest (www. ultimatebootcd.com ; memtest86+ v4.3 ; to BOOT from a CD you must have the CD/DVD drive before the hard drive in the BIOS' boot order.)

arum_lily

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I have never upgraded the graphics card driver as I have never needed but since this message appeared I have found out that there is no current upgrade.

arum_lily

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I have no drivers that aren`t officially supported as I have never upgraded. Yesterday I did check out AMD.com as my driver is part of my ATI Catalyst Control Center HD4570, there aren`t any upgrades.
None of the drivers are shown individually in a format where I could uninstall them on my system. I did reinstall the the video graphics driver very late last night using AMD.com as it is the official driver on my Sony. (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570) . It made no difference, the message still exists. So far I have seen no signs that the video graphics driver isn`t working, luckily Where would I find details of the chipset main driver? I don`t think I have a driver management tool.You lost me after `update the laptop BIOS if out of date.`I don`t have a CD/DVD to BOOT from. I`m very wary of doing anything to the computer system that is outside of my skill set.

This problem arose overnight. I put the laptop into hibernate prior to going to bed, my settings prevent it to be woken for any downloads, but when I got up the green light was on & the the laptop was very, very hot despite being on a flat surface. I turned it off & left it to cool before using it. After it had cooled I found the message.

I was going to call Sony Support today but they work very short hours. If your Sony goes wrong outside of 9am - 5pm Monday Thursday or 9-4.30 on Friday you have no computer to use. They use very high premium rate telephone numbers too. Not surprisingly their sales lines appear to be open 24 hours a day without the high phone charges!
I`m not sure that Sony could help me with this, it might just be too technical for their customer support going by past experience on another Sony product.