Ati mobility radeon 4570 video graphics driver windows 7

In my Action Centre On Sony VGN FW51 laptop I have a message `address video graphics problem. I`ve tried Microsoft but have only had 1 reply which said ignore it & hide Action Centre - not helpful. Can you help me please. It apparently affects Windows Hardware. I was told a solution was available but if wouldn`t download. A report was sent but that`s all the so-called help I`ve received. If I ignore it as suggested it could get worse.
5 answers Last reply
More about mobility radeon 4570 video graphics driver windows
  1. Did you ever upgrade the graphics card driver from a downloaded version that is not specifically for the Sony VGN FW51?
  2. I agree, you must get your drivers for your laptop only from its support site.

Do this:
    1) uninstall any drivers (i.e. video) not officially supported, if any

2) reinstall the main chipset driver

3) reinstall the video driver

You may also have a driver management tool.

Also:
    - update the laptop BIOS if out of date
    - run Memtest (www. ultimatebootcd.com ; memtest86+ v4.3 ; to BOOT from a CD you must have the CD/DVD drive before the hard drive in the BIOS' boot order.)
  3. randomkid said:
    Did you ever upgrade the graphics card driver from a downloaded version that is not specifically for the Sony VGN FW51?

I have never upgraded the graphics card driver as I have never needed but since this message appeared I have found out that there is no current upgrade.
  4. photonboy said:
    I agree, you must get your drivers for your laptop only from its support site.

Do this:
    1) uninstall any drivers (i.e. video) not officially supported, if any

2) reinstall the main chipset driver

3) reinstall the video driver

You may also have a driver management tool.

Also:
    - update the laptop BIOS if out of date
    - run Memtest (www. ultimatebootcd.com ; memtest86+ v4.3 ; to BOOT from a CD you must have the CD/DVD drive before the hard drive in the BIOS' boot order.)

I have no drivers that aren`t officially supported as I have never upgraded. Yesterday I did check out AMD.com as my driver is part of my ATI Catalyst Control Center HD4570, there aren`t any upgrades.
    None of the drivers are shown individually in a format where I could uninstall them on my system. I did reinstall the the video graphics driver very late last night using AMD.com as it is the official driver on my Sony. (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570) . It made no difference, the message still exists. So far I have seen no signs that the video graphics driver isn`t working, luckily Where would I find details of the chipset main driver? I don`t think I have a driver management tool.You lost me after `update the laptop BIOS if out of date.`I don`t have a CD/DVD to BOOT from. I`m very wary of doing anything to the computer system that is outside of my skill set.

This problem arose overnight. I put the laptop into hibernate prior to going to bed, my settings prevent it to be woken for any downloads, but when I got up the green light was on & the the laptop was very, very hot despite being on a flat surface. I turned it off & left it to cool before using it. After it had cooled I found the message.

I was going to call Sony Support today but they work very short hours. If your Sony goes wrong outside of 9am - 5pm Monday Thursday or 9-4.30 on Friday you have no computer to use. They use very high premium rate telephone numbers too. Not surprisingly their sales lines appear to be open 24 hours a day without the high phone charges!
    I`m not sure that Sony could help me with this, it might just be too technical for their customer support going by past experience on another Sony product.
  5. Thanks for your help, I`ll try your suggestions. Any more info that you could give me would be helpful
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Video Mobility Radeon