• NO

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • *facepalm* why does he even ask...

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

novaranger

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

I'm confused right now. What is the difference betwee Crossfire and Sli? I though Crossfire was being able to run multiable monitors and SLi was being able to have 2 video cards render as if it were one?

I have 6 fan in m computer. I believe 5 120mm(all LED) and 1 for my heatsink(not sure on size)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Crossfire and SLI are two different names by different companies for using more than one graphics card in conjunction with each other.

AMD = Crossfire
NVidia = SLI

Multiple Monitors is called AMD Eyefinity and NVidia Surround.

So - Can you Crossfire with your current setup, Yes, but remember your second PCI-Ex16 slot is only wired for x4. Shouldn't be much of an issue now, but may be in the future.

-Wolf sends

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

If you plan to crossfire you have to overclock your phenom to like 4Ghz at least otherwise you would have a bottleneck

novaranger

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
a side question...
can you upgrade that motherboard.?
but your specs with the 650-watt PSU should work.
I ran SLi 460's on a 700-watt and a friend of mine runs SLi 560-Ti's on a 650-watt.

as Wolf stated, I can't stand the x16/x4 configuration and also stated by maxh, your gonna need a better overclock in the end.

No I can't upgrade my Mobo. Don't have that kind of $$. will take me a while just to get another video card.

If you plan to crossfire you have to overclock your phenom to like 4Ghz at least otherwise you would have a bottleneck

My CPU can't go any higher than it is right now or it becomes unstable no matter what I do.

Crossfire and SLI are two different names by different companies for using more than one graphics card in conjunction with each other.

AMD = Crossfire
NVidia = SLI

Multiple Monitors is called AMD Eyefinity and NVidia Surround.

So - Can you Crossfire with your current setup, Yes, but remember your second PCI-Ex16 slot is only wired for x4. Shouldn't be much of an issue now, but may be in the future.

-Wolf sends

Thanks for clarifying

novaranger

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
here's one to start with:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/phenom-ii-x4-960t-zosma-core-unlocking,2627.html

I have already read this. This is more of a review of the 960T not a guide on overclocking

novaranger

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
mentions overclocking and unlocking it.
I said a start..
srrry was tired when I replied to you earlier.

OK so after about 4 hours of attempts I have finally overclocked stable to 3.6Ghz. Working on faster as I type

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
there are guides to get the 960T to a higher clock.
I will try to find and link some.
it's not that hard and i bet you can do it.
:)

also have to tried to unlock it and see if you can get it to a 6-core.?

You can get a higher clock speed by disabling the 2 cores out of 6. This way you have 4 cores but a higher clock speed!

G

hey dude, you can't sli two sapphire radeon hd 6850..unless you want to crossfire...hahahahaha

mazchazo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011

crossfire is 2 radeon or AMD cards running together. SLI is 2 nvidia cards running together.

he's just xfiring 2 6850s. I don't think he needs a 4.0 Ghz on that, does he?

maxh22

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Yup I think he does if he wants to pull as much juice as he can from his 6850 xfire.

I have a gtx 670 and my Phenom is at 4.2ghz and I still see some light bottlenecking in open maps in Bf3 and open and large maps in Crysis 2 :cry: