Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can this Set-up Run Sli

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • SLI
  • Hard Drives
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share

Will it run?

Total: 11 votes (3 blank votes)

  • YES
  • 50 %
  • NO
  • 25 %
  • *facepalm* why does he even ask...
  • 25 %
June 22, 2012 7:38:11 AM

I have TX650W Corsair PSU

I want to SLI 2x Saphire Radeon HD 6850 video cards to maximize gaming. Will be able to do it with my Power Supply?

Here are my specs

Video Card
SSD Hard-Drive
4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz ram
Heat Sink
640GB OEM HP hard-drive 3GBps
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma Unlocked to 6 core and overclocked to 3495mhz(no Voltage change)
ASUS M5A97Motherboard

If it will not suffice please suggest a good PSU for under 150$

More about : set run sli

June 22, 2012 7:52:25 AM

How many fans do you have? You probably can do crossfire with your 6850. I just used 3x 120mm fans and I got 439 watts as the minimum amount.

Yeah definitely you can.

You can calculate for yourself and see if you are still skeptical.
http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine
June 22, 2012 8:00:17 AM

mazchazo said:
How many fans do you have? You probably can do crossfire with your 6850. I just used 3x 120mm fans and I got 439 watts as the minimum amount.

Yeah definitely you can.

You can calculate for yourself and see if you are still skeptical.
http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I'm confused right now. What is the difference betwee Crossfire and Sli? I though Crossfire was being able to run multiable monitors and SLi was being able to have 2 video cards render as if it were one?

I have 6 fan in m computer. I believe 5 120mm(all LED) and 1 for my heatsink(not sure on size)
Related resources
June 22, 2012 12:53:26 PM

Crossfire and SLI are two different names by different companies for using more than one graphics card in conjunction with each other.

AMD = Crossfire
NVidia = SLI

Multiple Monitors is called AMD Eyefinity and NVidia Surround.

So - Can you Crossfire with your current setup, Yes, but remember your second PCI-Ex16 slot is only wired for x4. Shouldn't be much of an issue now, but may be in the future.

-Wolf sends
June 22, 2012 1:24:07 PM

novaranger said:
I have TX650W Corsair PSU

I want to SLI 2x Saphire Radeon HD 6850 video cards to maximize gaming. Will be able to do it with my Power Supply?

Here are my specs

Video Card
SSD Hard-Drive
4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz ram
Heat Sink
640GB OEM HP hard-drive 3GBps
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma Unlocked to 6 core and overclocked to 3495mhz(no Voltage change)
ASUS M5A97Motherboard

If it will not suffice please suggest a good PSU for under 150$


If you plan to crossfire you have to overclock your phenom to like 4Ghz at least otherwise you would have a bottleneck
June 22, 2012 7:47:45 PM

Quote:
a side question...
can you upgrade that motherboard.?
but your specs with the 650-watt PSU should work.
I ran SLi 460's on a 700-watt and a friend of mine runs SLi 560-Ti's on a 650-watt.

as Wolf stated, I can't stand the x16/x4 configuration and also stated by maxh, your gonna need a better overclock in the end.


No I can't upgrade my Mobo. Don't have that kind of $$. will take me a while just to get another video card.

Quote:
If you plan to crossfire you have to overclock your phenom to like 4Ghz at least otherwise you would have a bottleneck


My CPU can't go any higher than it is right now or it becomes unstable no matter what I do.

Quote:
Crossfire and SLI are two different names by different companies for using more than one graphics card in conjunction with each other.

AMD = Crossfire
NVidia = SLI

Multiple Monitors is called AMD Eyefinity and NVidia Surround.

So - Can you Crossfire with your current setup, Yes, but remember your second PCI-Ex16 slot is only wired for x4. Shouldn't be much of an issue now, but may be in the future.

-Wolf sends


Thanks for clarifying
June 23, 2012 3:56:18 AM

Thanks yes I have unlocked to 6 cores and have manage to get 3495Ghz stable.
June 23, 2012 3:04:18 PM

Quote:
mentions overclocking and unlocking it.
I said a start..

srrry was tired when I replied to you earlier.


OK so after about 4 hours of attempts I have finally overclocked stable to 3.6Ghz. Working on faster as I type
June 23, 2012 8:27:13 PM

Quote:
Facepalm, "SLi 2x 6xxx AMD cards"


Yeah, we already covered that, Recon :D 

-Wolf sends
June 23, 2012 10:11:24 PM

Quote:
there are guides to get the 960T to a higher clock.
I will try to find and link some.
it's not that hard and i bet you can do it.
:) 

also have to tried to unlock it and see if you can get it to a 6-core.?


You can get a higher clock speed by disabling the 2 cores out of 6. This way you have 4 cores but a higher clock speed!
Anonymous
June 23, 2012 11:17:05 PM

novaranger said:
I have TX650W Corsair PSU

I want to SLI 2x Saphire Radeon HD 6850 video cards to maximize gaming. Will be able to do it with my Power Supply?

Here are my specs

Video Card
SSD Hard-Drive
4GB DDR3 1600 Mhz ram
Heat Sink
640GB OEM HP hard-drive 3GBps
AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma Unlocked to 6 core and overclocked to 3495mhz(no Voltage change)
ASUS M5A97Motherboard

If it will not suffice please suggest a good PSU for under 150$





hey dude, you can't sli two sapphire radeon hd 6850..unless you want to crossfire...hahahahaha
June 24, 2012 12:16:34 AM

Quote:
hey dude, you can't sli two sapphire radeon hd 6850..unless you want to crossfire...hahahahaha


Wolfshadw already clarified it to the guy.
June 25, 2012 8:38:47 AM

novaranger said:
I'm confused right now. What is the difference betwee Crossfire and Sli? I though Crossfire was being able to run multiable monitors and SLi was being able to have 2 video cards render as if it were one?

I have 6 fan in m computer. I believe 5 120mm(all LED) and 1 for my heatsink(not sure on size)


crossfire is 2 radeon or AMD cards running together. SLI is 2 nvidia cards running together.

he's just xfiring 2 6850s. I don't think he needs a 4.0 Ghz on that, does he?
June 25, 2012 2:35:41 PM

mazchazo said:
crossfire is 2 radeon or AMD cards running together. SLI is 2 nvidia cards running together.

he's just xfiring 2 6850s. I don't think he needs a 4.0 Ghz on that, does he?


Yup I think he does if he wants to pull as much juice as he can from his 6850 xfire.

I have a gtx 670 and my Phenom is at 4.2ghz and I still see some light bottlenecking in open maps in Bf3 and open and large maps in Crysis 2 :cry: 
!