CPU Usage High

Rudicus

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Hey everyone,
recently I've had a problem with the CPU usage on my laptop.
Before I post the image, here's the details of the laptop I have;

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1

It's a Toshiba laptop.

Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30GHz
RAM - 6.00GB (5.60 GB usable)

64-bit OS

Here's a screenshot from my task manager;

http://i48.tinypic.com/dyr4hf.png

It seems 'System Idle Process' is eating at the CPU for some reason while the usage is starting to idle around 100% at times now, I've also noticed that the browser or any programs I'm on begin to flicker like something is forcing it to minimize.

As you can probably tell, I'm a complete noob when it comes to computers but would really like some help on this as it's bugging me now and CCleaner didn't do much to help.

This also is annoying when I'm trying to Livestream with the Livestream Procaster since I need to close all programs and have the lowest quality on otherwise it'll crash, but even then the CPU is shown to be at 100% when I only have that and Paint Tool SAI open.

Many Thanks.

discordian

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
system idle process is whatever your system is not using at the moment, so thats why its at 100 when your not doing intensive apps, because your computers not really using the system resources atm

discordian

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
according to livesteam's site a quad-core cpu is recommended for broadcasting, it may be that you don't have enough processing power

Rudicus

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Ah I see. Thank you for your help! :)

I'm trying to broadcast myself but always have to use the mobile quality when I do and can only have two programs open before it'll crash. I guess it is just that I don't have the right specs for it.