Sign in with
Your question

Which GTX 670 Should I get?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 9:58:22 AM

So I'm about to get a new card, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6850, and I was wondering which GTX 670 I should get. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the two that I like the most, but I can't decide which one would be a better deal.

Keep in mind I DO plan on overclocking these cards, nothing extreme, just what I can do with the default cooler, not gonna slap a custom cooler on them or anything.

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition

or

Galaxy GTX 670 GC

Considering that they are only 10 dollars difference in price, and speeds are almost the same, I'm really not sure which one would be better.

More about : gtx 670

June 22, 2012 12:37:57 PM

Between those two, MSI! Twin Frozr all the way baby!!! :D  I've used MSI in the past - Twin frozr on my GTS250 and reference on a GTX470. Both were brilliant performers! Their Twin Frozr tech is top-notch. Only other card I would consider would be Asus's DCII (just as a reference to tell you).

So yeah, MSI Twin Frozr for sure!
m
l
June 22, 2012 12:38:52 PM

Alcad said:
So I'm about to get a new card, upgrading from a Radeon HD 6850, and I was wondering which GTX 670 I should get. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the two that I like the most, but I can't decide which one would be a better deal.

Keep in mind I DO plan on overclocking these cards, nothing extreme, just what I can do with the default cooler, not gonna slap a custom cooler on them or anything.

MSI GTX 670 Power Edition

or

Galaxy GTX 670 GC

Considering that they are only 10 dollars difference in price, and speeds are almost the same, I'm really not sure which one would be better.

What about >

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Its non-refernce, after market cooler ( silent ) OC's fantastic 1250 -1300Mhz almost guarenteed. Only 399 , price of a stock reference model.

m
l
June 22, 2012 1:26:21 PM

Hmmm...regarding your options...the galaxy GTX 670 GC is thought to be a bit faster than the Power Edition and is said to perform close to the GTX 680...so i see no point in upgrading to GTX 680 in the future....so my best bet will be to stick with the GTX 670 GC(worth paying $10 extra :D ), i.e if ur planing to stick with your 2 options only...also remember both are still great cards!..
m
l
!