Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Connection disconnects and reconnects randomly

Last response: in Networking
August 13, 2011 9:44:14 PM

Since last week, I'm having this discconnection and reconnection issue every 30-45 minutes, and it is extremely annoying. Especially when playing online, I always get disconnected from the server. I have tried so many things to fix it, but no change at all. I've tried to change my DNS, tried to plug the modem directly to my computer, but the problem still existed! When I troubleshoot from the windows, it says: your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. Tech geeks, please help me to troubleshoot this issue properly, and/or fix it.

Best solution

August 14, 2011 1:35:52 AM

A few questions.

Have you changed anything before it began happening? Put a splitter somewhere, added a tv, or anything like that.

What does the lights on the modem look like when it goes down? If you can post the modems info like the SNR, return and all that could help.

I dont think its your computer (though could be something got by your security). Unscrew the cable from both the mdm and wall and screw it back in snug (hand tight only).
If there is a tv at the mdms location also that is off a splitter unplug the splitter and go directetly into the splitter.

August 14, 2011 6:23:51 PM

Thanks for the reply! The problem seems to be gone after plugging the DSL modem directly to my PC again. I guess it is my router's fault. If the problem comes back, I'm going to follow your steps. Thanks!
m
l
August 14, 2011 6:23:56 PM

Best answer selected by dwarf10.
m
l
!