Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wrong psu voltages?

Last response: in Components
December 27, 2012 5:16:24 PM

I have a modxstream pro 500w. The readings of the voltages were fine but when I had to change the mobo to a gigabyte 78lmt-s2p the reading are like this

In the bios I read this
vcore 1.35
ddr3 1.5v 1.47
+12v 12.24
+3.3v 3.47

I think the programs read the voltages the wrong way but I´m confused, everything is working properly even under a short time of prime95 just to checks the temps. help please :??: 

More about : wrong psu voltages

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
December 27, 2012 5:27:56 PM

Nothing wrong with your readings. You're allowed +/- .5%, and some generic hardware monitor programs may be off a little; I check the motherboard bios readings which are often more accurate.
December 27, 2012 5:28:34 PM

I don't think the HWMonitor voltages are right they look really whacked out to me plus the AID readings are completely different,
I would trust the bios if things are runninng right and your bench marks cause no errors, you might try uninstalling your apps and re-install make sure it's the latest version also maybe try some different apps, you could hook you PSU to a different board if you have access to one and get a reading the only other thing is get a PSU tester. And most importantly keep a close eye on things, I understand,that would bug me too :sol: 
Score
Related resources
December 27, 2012 5:35:53 PM

thanks for the replies, i noted that the readings aren´t fluctuating so it might be a software error or something, if the bios readings are ok i don´t have to worry then?
Score
a b ) Power supply
December 27, 2012 5:46:06 PM

That's correct. My old 12v rail reading was 11.73 in the bios; ran my ps that way for years before even trying the hardware monitor software. My asus board has some accurate software that matches the bios dead on, but I don't use it. You might try searching your board manufacturer's website for some utility programs that monitor voltages, unless it's oem (hp, dell, etc).
Score
December 27, 2012 6:01:59 PM

it´s the bios are correct i don´t think i need any more software but i´ll look anyways thanks.
Score
December 27, 2012 6:02:15 PM

Best answer selected by pit_1209.
Score
!