Sign in with
Your question

The monitor won't detect the CPU and it says"No Signal"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 12:02:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I have two desktop computers, one of the them doesn't recognize any monitor. The monitor just displays no Signal as if there is no CPU connected at all... the cable and the monitor both are alright since i tried the same monitor with the second CPU and also the same CPU with different monitors and different cables as well. So i am afraid that the problem can be the connect plug in the motherboard...any suggestions? Please Help.

PS: i Checked if there is any answer regarding this on the Community and i found somebody who faced the same problem but he dint say he solved it and tht was dated to 2010.

a c 200 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a c 188 à CPUs
June 22, 2012 12:13:26 PM

check to see if the pc has another video card..if it does the motherboard video chipset will be turned off. if you can see the power supply is spinning a pc with a working mb and speaker should give you one beep. if your hearing more then one beep the mb telling you have a hardware issue. i would open the case and make sure the pc not dust bound and the fans on the cpu and gpu are moving. if they are see if the mb has any debug leds or lights up with a debug code. if there are none or no led i would start by trying a new ps or have the old one tested first. if it missing some voltage your mb wont post.
m
l
!