Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What Graphics Card For Adobe GPU Acceleration?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 1:24:20 PM

Is their any chance Adobe intends to support the GTX 670 for GPU acceleration?
Currently considering the GTX 570.
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 1:36:38 PM

RobertBaratheon said:
Is their any chance Adobe intends to support the GTX 670 for GPU acceleration?
Currently considering the GTX 570.

yes the gtx 670 supports gpu acceleration, but I use sony vegas and it barely does anything anyway lol

Im not sure what it would do for Adobe since Iv'e never used it but I think the 570 is enough for adobe
m
l

Best solution

a c 103 U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 1:54:55 PM

he might be looking to use gpu acceleration in adobe photoshop which I think is much more useful then in premiere....Robert which version of adobe do you have? Cs5 or Cs6 etc....also are you looking to use this for premiere or photoshop? edit: take a look at this forum it may help you in getting the card to work if adobe doesnt support it yet. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4498097
Related resources
June 22, 2012 2:09:13 PM

I currently have CS 5.5, and I do work in both Photoshop as well as Premiere.

I am currently in the process of a new computer build. I have most of my parts bought and paid for but I have stalled out over choosing a graphics card. Adobe has a list of cards that are currently supported. The GTX 570 is listed, but the GTX 670 is sadly missing.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html

The dot chart seems to be point towards the GTX 670 being added but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the link!
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 3:50:39 PM

I bet adobe will add support for it in the future if the gtx 570/580 is on there it is only a matter of time before they add support for the 670/680...keep in mind the 670 is still really new so it takes time for companies to adopt/add support for these new devices
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2012 5:46:19 PM

drums101 said:
I bet adobe will add support for it in the future if the gtx 570/580 is on there it is only a matter of time before they add support for the 670/680...keep in mind the 670 is still really new so it takes time for companies to adopt/add support for these new devices

Exactly !
m
l
June 22, 2012 7:56:44 PM

Best answer selected by RobertBaratheon.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 24, 2012 7:57:29 AM

Ugh! Horrible assistance above, and definitely wrong place to look for it (no one here does anything more than gaming anymore, those of us who did left long ago [I only came back to answer a question by a member I respect]).

GTX570 > GTX 670 AND GTX680, Kepler's GPGPU side is borked; so don't wait for support, for CS5's Cuda preference just get the GTX 570 and be happy. Especially is you work with the raytracer listed in the link above, the GTX5 series destroys all other nV contenders... especially the GTX6 and even GF100 Quadro cards.
And in CS6 and other more advanced versions of NLE software you can even consider the other side of the GPU aisle for more performance.

Check the Adobe forums, not here.
m
l
!