On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey everyone.... How r u all???

well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics... now when i run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card.. i tried in bios but in the display part there are only 2 options 1 is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work... so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can i disable onboard graphics through device manager??

thanks....

Without knowing what laptop your talking about........

Most of the new ones use the integrated graphics for general use, then kick in the discrete graphics when it's needed, this saves power and keeps it running cooler.

When you play a game, the Nvidia graphics will kick in automatically if it's needed.

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

sorry for not mentioning it i completely forgot abt it....

its lenovo ideapad z570 and the graphics card is nvidia geforce 420gtm

edit: sorry not 420 but 540gtm

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
and one more thing...In one of the game i checked PES 2012 it shows as its using onboard graphics.. and i tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it....

Edit: just confirmed it... the games r only using Onboard graphics..... hope u guys can help me... its a bit urgent so please.. thanks....

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
one more thing i just went to nvidia control panel and in there 3d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics.. and i couldnt change it.....

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012

actually when i checked in bios only the two options r available optimus and Uma or something... and tat um thing detects only the intel and optimus detects both intel and nvidia....

reinstalled the driver too... nothing changed....

syaoran7li

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hey everyone....

i just found a button on my laptop which had a lock symbol next to it... and when i pressed it all games started detecting nvidia graphics card.... thank u soooooo much for helping me.. thanks....

^_^