  • Configuration
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
May 28, 2005 4:03:00 PM

I remember seeing somewhere once that Windows Search will automatically
exclude certain file types from a text search (like .exe files, e.g.).
How can I force text searches to include files that are excluded by default?

In this particular case, I want to search .dns files for certain text
(which won't work unless I append a .txt to the file name).

Thanks.

Michael Roper

More about : search text txt files

Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:27:34 PM

See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Windows XP Search Problems. Alternatively download Agent Ransack.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Michael Roper" <michaelr@encraft.com> wrote in message news:o CAaff7YFHA.3920@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I remember seeing somewhere once that Windows Search will automatically
> exclude certain file types from a text search (like .exe files, e.g.).
> How can I force text searches to include files that are excluded by default?
>
> In this particular case, I want to search .dns files for certain text
> (which won't work unless I append a .txt to the file name).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Michael Roper
Anonymous
May 28, 2005 11:27:35 PM