Unstable new build

I just built a new gaming computer and its unstable. It will run fine as long as I don't load any programs on it. It doesn't matter what program it is. I installed firefox and it the computer locks up. If I install yahoo messenger the computer can't even full load without locking up. Here is a parts list:
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor
2x GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX
750watt power supply
windows 7 64 bit
used sata hard drive 1TB

I've gone and updated everything including Bios. I have built several computers and never had this much trouble. I have used Event viewer and did everything I could to fix any issues there with no luck. The motherboard was replaced 3 days after I got it. USB ports was bad. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about unstable build
  1. Sounds like it might have to do with writing to your hard drive. Are you able to save files? And have you tried installing things off a cd instead of downloading?
  2. I have loaded some programs from cd. I can save files too. I can put the drive in my old computer and it works fine. I did find an error in BIOS and fixed it I think. I also found the my psu had a wire come lose so that had to be replaced with a 550watt. I ran a load test and everything pass. So its time to start loading the rest of my games and pray it stays stable.
  3. I found out that the BIOS wouldn't update correctly using window 7 64bit. I loaded 32bit and BIOS updated fine. The system is working better but I can't over clock my video cards at all or run both of them. So one card is going into my old computer for now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems