Sign in with
Your question

Games, Firefox and Kaspersky keep crashing to desktop

Last response: in Systems
August 12, 2012 9:12:31 AM

Hi, last week I built myself a budget gaming PC and it's the first time I have used Windows 7 64 bit home premium.

The specs are: Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz
4GB DDR3 running at 1066 (Corsair)
Palit Geforce 450 GTS
Asrock H61M-HVS micro ATX mobo

The case (CiT IMP Micro ATX) comes with it's own 500w PSU but it didn't have the 6 pin connector for the graphics card (ordered an adapter which will come soon),
so in the meantime i am using my Dad's PSU from his old computer which is a Jeantech 400w.

My problem is that since this PC was up and running Kaspersky keeps failing to initialize, Firefox keeps crashing to the desktop, Assassin's Creed Revelations keeps crashing to the desktop and so does Darksiders. Rather annoying!

I have the latest drivers and versions of everything (except maybe the mobo with which i used the supplied disc).

Could it be the power supply? The PC itself doesn't cut out.

Or could it be Windows 64 bit? Are their still compatability issues with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
August 12, 2012 9:41:54 PM

Hmm, it seemed to be better for a while when i replaced all the Asrock drivers but still having mostly the same problems.

Darksiders didn't crash though, but Assassins Creed now freezes in cut scenes instead of kicking me to the desktop.

Firefox also still crashes to the desktop but not as often. And Kaspersky crashed once but re-initialized.

I also saw a messge pop up in the bottom right corner i think saying nvidia driver failed but it had gone before i could read it properly. That hadn't happened before. I know i installed the 64 bit drivers for that.

Could it be a bad install of windows? PSU maybe? Dodgy mobo? I'm just not sure. I'm also wondering whether to uninstall Kaspersky to see if that helps.

Do any of my ideas sound valid to you or do you think i'm barking up the wrong tree?

Cheers
!