PC Won't Boot Up. Please Help. (not sure what category)

Drunkllamajr

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Hi all,
My pc won't get passed the boot screen, everything starts up fine and then I hear (what i believe to be) the CPU fan start to spin up for about 1.5 seconds then it slows down then the boot screen appears for about 5 seconds then the pc restarts it self and is now in a loop.

I have removed all the ram sticks and have tried each ram stick in each channel to no avail removed the power and sata from DVD drive and my HDD still with all ram out and tried again with the ram... still nothing.

I unplugged and plugged back in every cable to inside my case, I don't know what else to try any help would be greatly appreciated, please see belowe for specs.

CPU: i7 980 Xtreme
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X85A-UD5
RAM: 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3 DDR3
GPU: ATI Raedon HD 5970 2GB
PSU: 850 Watt Antec TruePower Quattro
SSD: Corsair F120 120GB
HDD: 500GB

JuicySquirrel

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
Sounds like a Boot Issue, during startup at the bios screen choose setup (Delete key or F2(Press <F2> to enter BIOS setup)) and see where the boot priority is at (make sure its the HDD with the OS, Boot Screen tab), save and exit when you have selected your HDD which the OS on it. I had this same issue for the longest time (was too lazy to fix it because it wasn't recognizing it after a bios update for some reason) If the loop continues.... all you have to do is select the Boot list priority screen and select where you want to boot from. You do that by pressing F8 many times over while bios starts up normally during startup and when the screen changes after it scans all your hardware another screen with a boot from list will appear, you can select your OS source. See if this helps. (F8 Boot Device Selection Menu.)

LOL 2 years too late... just saw the date on this :D