How control order of SendTo items?

I've added several items to my SendTo folder. Is there any way I can
specify their order in the SendTo menu that I get when
right-clicking?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."
6 answers Last reply
More about control order sendto items

    Change their name.

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:31:20 +1000, "David Candy" <.> wrote:

    >"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >> I've added several items to my SendTo folder. Is there any way I can
    >> specify their order in the SendTo menu that I get when
    >> right-clicking?

    >Change their name.

    Um, they're not alphabetical now, so it seems unlikely that a name
    change would be effective in placing them in the desired order.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
    be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."

    Stan Brown rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    >On Mon, 30 May 2005 01:31:20 +1000, "David Candy" <.> wrote:
    >
    >>"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >>> I've added several items to my SendTo folder. Is there any way I can
    >>> specify their order in the SendTo menu that I get when
    >>> right-clicking?
    >
    >>Change their name.
    >
    > Um, they're not alphabetical now, so it seems unlikely that a name
    > change would be effective in placing them in the desired order.

    Move them to a temp folder then move them back to the send to folder.

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 02:51:39 GMT, Black Baptist
    <pray@the.church.com> wrote:
    >>>"Stan Brown" <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    >
    >Move them to a temp folder then move them back to the send to folder.

    Thanks! You're exactly right: the physical order of items in the
    SendTo directory does seem to control the order of items in the
    SendTo menu.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    "I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
    be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."

    I thought these entries were stored in the registry, and that the order they
    present is the same order that they are entered in the Registry.

    If this is true, then it would be necessary to delete and re-add entries to
    the Registry to get them in the required order

    How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q310/2/70.asp&NoWebContent=1
    (this reference is courtesy of Carey Frisch (MVP)

    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:47:50 +1000, Trevor L. wrote:

    > I thought these entries were stored in the registry, and that the order they
    > present is the same order that they are entered in the Registry.
    >
    > If this is true, then it would be necessary to delete and re-add entries to
    > the Registry to get them in the required order
    >
    > How to Add Items to the "Send To" Menu in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q310/2/70.asp&NoWebContent=1
    > (this reference is courtesy of Carey Frisch (MVP)

    Same end result. Different method. The move method updates the registry to
    match the manual moves.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User