Will this PSU Work?

Gizmotist

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Final build i'm doing:

Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3 AM3+
GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 550 Ti
RAM1: 2x2 GB (dont no speed, but there not that good)
RAM2: 1x4 GB 1600 (12800)
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3 GHz
Hard drive: 7200 rpm
Optical: DVD RW
Extra: Sentry 2 Fan controller

Question:

Would this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023 be enough to run it.
Please don't post other PSU, just go off of this one that i post. If this doesnt work out i already have
another one in mind that will work for sure

Hi - that amount of power will support your gpu. Only problem
is, I can't verify(can't find a quality lab review) that it will deliver
it's rated specs, that particular oem (hec) doesn't always
produce
quality units.

Tom

Hi - I can't really recommend something that I can't verify it's specs
and/or quality. 430w is enough from a quality unit, 600w could be good
or could be garbage.

Tom

There is a review on hardware secrets for it. Don't know if its reflective of the current unit, but it looks the same. The current units lists two 12v rails to the reviewed models one. It performed well in the review, but OCP kicked in at 350 watts. though only 190w or 16 amps was on the 12v. It was an old design. Everything else was in spec though.

I have purchased a few for friends to replace a couple of burned out OEM system PSU's. So I have dealt with one first hand. It has nice build quality and sleeved cables, 80mm fan. Efficiency is poor. But its perfectly serviceable. 5 year warranty. Its not junk. A good replacement unit for an OEM type system at the right price.

The nice thing about the TR2 430 is that its available at any Best Buy. If your looking for something quick, close, and not too expensive, its a good option for many.

However, I would NOT build a system around it. There are much better PSU's available for a preplanned home brew system.

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

That one passed with flying colors these pros and cons are from this review, http://****/wp/thermaltake-tr2-bronze-600wtr-600p-review/ :sol:

Pros
Good voltage regulation
Efficient
Can deliver more than 600W
Good input filtering
Good cable configuration
Sleeved cables

Cons
Secondary capacitors could be better
Not exactly ultra quiet
Sloppy soldering
No MOV