Help with sata and pata connections

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Okay I know you guys are tired of all the drama as i am with all these different pcs. First thing first, power supply with the msi was all ready going bad found out when i pulled it to put in an acer. So i need some reccomendations on the best but least expensive 650w psus. SECOND: the dell has been retired. THIRD: i am now using an ACER Aspire ASE360-UA421M pc. Will be updating my pc specs shortly. The mobo is a FC51GM with a Manchester 4200+ athlon 64 X2cpu, 939 socket. On board graphics is Nvidia GeForce 6100 and currently has 512mb x2 hyundai ram. The mobo has 4 sata connectors and 2 dual IDE connectors and currently has a sata segate 250gig hdd with and IDE dvd/rw on primary Ide 0. Now the questions. I have 2x 512mb micron ram with the same specs as the installed ram which is pc3200 @ 200Mhz.Can I use these with the installed ram and which one should be in slots 1 & 2?? next question, the person to whom i gave all my pc parts to said that if the ati x700gpu would work in the acer that he would give it back to me. Will it work and should i use it or stay with the onboard gpu. Third and last. I have pulled my 320 and 500 gig western digital hdds out of the dell, that are only data and has my music and games on them. Since i have never had a pc with a sata hdd as the master how would i go about installing these and where would the jumper pins go. I was told something about having to go into advance bios setting and doing something with the scsi (something or another). Just as soon as I get all the hardware installed and configured i will update my pc stats. Local pc shop said they can get me a biostar mobo with amd 7750BE cpu for $90.00

1. Corsair builder series. CX600 V2 600W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028&Tpk=corsair%20builder%20series%20cx600 but you don't need anywhere near 600W. Consider an Antec Vp-450 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371045&Tpk=antec%20vp450

2. You don't want the x700 back. It doesn't support shader model 3 that many games need. Better to grab a $65 HD6670. Or hit ebay for a used 9600GT, hd5770, etc. Neither the onboard nor the x700 will let you play games made in last 5-10 years.

3. No jumpers on Sata drives. Just plug them in. The system may try to boot off them, so go into BIOS and fix your boot order. There are a couple of SATA adapter modes, but you can ignore these unless you are on a really old OS (prior to winxp). If you are running win XP get to service pack 2 at least before you try to use SATA. SP2 added SATA support to XP.

Byotch

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

the sata is the master(boot drive) want to install the two pata drives because they have my games and music on them. the blue or secondary Ide is completely open, the dvd/rw it connected to the primary IDE channel 0. want to know how to set jumper on the pata drives and what to do to keep pc from tring yo boot off of them. the reason for wanting a 650W psu is i have a msi mobo without a psu and it has a athlon 7750BE cpu. basically want it to be a gaming pc. I am disable and in a wheelhair and live on a fix income so money is really tight since it has been so hot here in Georgia. Instead of having 512mb x4 pc3200 i really would like to have 1gig x4 since this acer will support it.