I need a new PSU..please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProAsian

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
I've narrowed it down that my PSU got surged and just threw in the towel. :( Now I need a new one. I have an SSD and HDD with all of the basic components like a CPU (AMD Llano A6) and what not. I'm also thinking about upgrading my graphics to a better graphics card (not sure what yet) and I would also need power for that. My old one was a rx-530ss which is pretty cheap and I would like to get a pretty reliable one with around the same amount of voltage. I need to get something that's not too expensive either. Please give me your input on what a good power supply would be for my computer. Thanks in advance! :D

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
If your going with a single graphics card a good 550 or 600 watt will do, it depends on how much you can spend, also just because it says 500 watts dosent really mean your getting 500 watts tell us your budget and we'll see if we can help

ProAsian

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

The Corsair TX650 V2 (CP-9020038-NA) that the OP linked to is made by CWT (Channel Well Technology).

You're thinking of the recently discontinued CMPSU-650TXV2 that is made by Seasonic.

Yes - I saw the v2 & the only one in the realhardtech database with a v2
was Seasoninc, their database must be missing a few models here and there,
or the model #'s might be truncated, so I stand corrected.

Tom

ProAsian

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012

So in everybody's opinion, which PSU do I get? The XFX or the Corsair TX650. I got a promo code so they are the same price. Thanks for the great help so far! :D

I think it's a toss up. I'd go with the XFX as I'm biased to
Seasonic (I have a Seasonic)

Tom

if I remember correctly each has a 5yr warranty, so you will do
fine with either unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS