Capacitor's For XBOX

919han153

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I was wanting to replace all the capacitors on my XBOX circuit board, since I have made a case for it, with see through panels, green coolent etc., the addition to smaller, maybe golden capacitors would make it look much more attractive.

Starting off, I was wanting to replace the very large, 820UF 6.3V capacitors, on the board. I was looking at these off eBay, and was wondering if they would likely be compatible and work with the rest of the components:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-X-CAPACITOR-820UF-6-3V-Part-PLE0J821MDO1-/390461119507?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item5ae94bdc13

If so, is it safe to spray paint the capacitors, using non-conductive, with extremely high boiling tempreture, products? I feel it would cause no problems, but don't feel 100% with it..

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
I would consider it on my own electronics, but I tend to be more careful when advising others with their stuff.

So, if you can find the specs for the OEM parts and compare them to the ebay specs here:

CAPACITOR, 820UF, 6.3V
Capacitance:820µF
Capacitance Tolerance:± 20%
Voltage Rating:6.3V
ESR:0.005ohm
Life Time @ Temperature:2000 hours @ 105¬_C
Height:13mm
Diameter:10mm
Capacitor Terminals:Radial Leaded
Lead Spacing:5mm
Operating Temperature Range:-55¬_C to +105¬_C
SVHC:No SVHC (19-Dec-2011)
AC Ripple Current:6800mA
Capacitor Mounting:Through Hole
External Length / Height:13mm
Lead Diameter:0.6mm
Lead Length:19mm
Leakage Current:1033µA
No. of Pins:2
Operating Lifetime:2000h
Termination Type:Wire Leads

Particularly tolerance, operating temps, ESR, AC ripple current, etc.

Getting "close" will usually work for a single capacitor (or other component), but if you are replacing all of them, you will want to be very close.

Component variance can add up to "out of spec" at some point.

Since it's just for looks, I would consider just painting the existing caps.