Sign in with
Your question

Will this video card work with this Motherboard

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 22, 2012 9:34:56 PM

Hi, i just got a new video card, a new motherboard and a new CPU. i put all the stuff together but when i start up the computer it doesn't boot up, the monitor just says no signal and thats it, my motherboard has no problem with the CPU, because it was testes with it.

SPEC
Video card: NVIDIA GTX 560 TI
Motherboard: Gigabyte 990 FXA-UD5
CPU: AMD FX 4100
June 22, 2012 9:59:02 PM

-Make sure all the power cables are connected to motherboard and check if the motherboard is connected to the PSU
-If its not power, give the graphics card a shake to make sure there aren't any loose parts
-If its not the gpu, I guarantee you its a defective motherboard.
-If its not a defective motherboard, i suggest you completely rebuild your computer and make sure EVERYTHING is connected. Its either a power issue or a defective mobo
a b Î Nvidia
a c 214 U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
June 22, 2012 10:13:55 PM

What is the make/model of your PSU?

It's most likely something easily overlooked.As zac said go back and double check everything.
Related resources
June 22, 2012 10:41:39 PM

CORSAIR TX750W

i've checked everything like 3 times now, all the cabels are in the right spot, i just tried starting up with my old spec but with the new graphic card, and that worked, so there has to be something about the new motherboard, but its wierd because both fans that i have are connected to the motherboard and they start up fine. which made me think that maybe the motherboard just can't handle the graphic card for some reason...
June 23, 2012 11:18:13 AM

zac14001 said:
-Make sure all the power cables are connected to motherboard and check if the motherboard is connected to the PSU
-If its not power, give the graphics card a shake to make sure there aren't any loose parts
-If its not the gpu, I guarantee you its a defective motherboard.
-If its not a defective motherboard, i suggest you completely rebuild your computer and make sure EVERYTHING is connected. Its either a power issue or a defective mobo

How can i tell if the motherboard is defective?
!