New start program

May 29, 2005 2:05:18 PM

Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the program
I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
--
Thank Ya Kindly,
Danny

More about : start program

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 4:32:42 PM

To start a program each time you start Windows

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
> Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
> downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
> automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
> prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
> program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
> --
> Thank Ya Kindly,
> Danny
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:41:07 PM

Place a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

Austin M. Horst
May 29, 2005 6:25:25 PM

Thanks Its working great :)
--
Thank Ya Kindly,
Danny

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> To start a program each time you start Windows
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D 052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
> Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
> > downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
> > automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
> > prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
> > program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
> > --
> > Thank Ya Kindly,
> > Danny

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:27:31 PM

Keep having fun. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:7A322F6A-8E69-46CE-A43B-D15C787BAEE3@microsoft.com,
Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Its working great :)
> --
> Thank Ya Kindly,
> Danny
>

> "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
>
>> To start a program each time you start Windows

>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:D 052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
>> Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
>>> downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it
>>> load automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has
>>> not prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
>>> program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
>>> --
>>> Thank Ya Kindly,
>>> Danny
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 10:36:43 PM

You need to locate either the icon or the file path and create a short cut.
Once you have the shortcut open Windows explorer click on your C: drive in
the left hand pane of windows explorer and expand the menu list. Next clcik
Documents and settings to expand that menu. Click All users and the menu
will expand again. Look for Start menu and click on this. You will see an
option called Programs click this and expand the menu again. Look down the
program list until you come to the option Startup. You need to copy your
shortcut for your gamma program to this folder so that it will start when
your pc starts. In most cases, when installing software, an icon will be
placed on the desktop. If there is an icon for your gamma program simply
copy and paste the icon into the startup folder.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

!