New start program

Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the program
I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
--
Thank Ya Kindly,
Danny

    To start a program each time you start Windows
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_tray_start_program_auto.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:D052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
    Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
    > downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
    > automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
    > prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
    > program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
    > --
    > Thank Ya Kindly,
    > Danny

    Place a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\

    Austin M. Horst

    Thanks Its working great :)
    --
    Thank Ya Kindly,
    Danny

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > To start a program each time you start Windows
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_tray_start_program_auto.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:D052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
    > Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
    > > downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
    > > automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
    > > prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
    > > program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
    > > --
    > > Thank Ya Kindly,
    > > Danny

    Keep having fun. ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7A322F6A-8E69-46CE-A43B-D15C787BAEE3@microsoft.com,
    Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Its working great :)
    > --
    > Thank Ya Kindly,
    > Danny
    >

    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> To start a program each time you start Windows

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/win_tray_start_program_auto.mspx

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:D052B1C2-7AF7-4A01-8100-87F3602E1293@microsoft.com,
    >> Oh_Danny_Boy <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
    >>> downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it
    >>> load automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has
    >>> not prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
    >>> program I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
    >>> --
    >>> Thank Ya Kindly,
    >>> Danny

    You need to locate either the icon or the file path and create a short cut.
    Once you have the shortcut open Windows explorer click on your C: drive in
    the left hand pane of windows explorer and expand the menu list. Next clcik
    Documents and settings to expand that menu. Click All users and the menu
    will expand again. Look for Start menu and click on this. You will see an
    option called Programs click this and expand the menu again. Look down the
    program list until you come to the option Startup. You need to copy your
    shortcut for your gamma program to this folder so that it will start when
    your pc starts. In most cases, when installing software, an icon will be
    placed on the desktop. If there is an icon for your gamma program simply
    copy and paste the icon into the startup folder.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "Oh_Danny_Boy" <Oh_Danny_Boy@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
    > Hi, how can I add a new program to start everytime windows starts. I
    > downloaded a gamma setting program for my games and I need to have it load
    > automaticly (if possable) when I boot up my PC. This program has not
    > prefrence for this feature. I am running Windows XP Pro sp2, and the
    > program
    > I want to add to start up is called Gamma Panel.
    > --
    > Thank Ya Kindly,
    > Danny

Configuration Gamma Customization Windows XP