Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
is best for a hunter?

In article <4jrFe.2124$PC7.2014@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
"Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote:

> I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
> Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
> is best for a hunter?

If you're unsure, just keep them both and try them both, to get an idea
of which one you like the best?

Joe

David Carson wrote:
> Erik wrote:
> > I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
> > Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
> > is best for a hunter?
>
> It'd have to be the Gorewood, surely? More damage (55-104 vs. 53-100),
> faster speed (2.50 vs. 2.70), 5 more stamina.. the only advantage to the
> Gryphonwing is 5 more agility, but that's not going to be enough to
> cancel out the Gorewood's natural damage advantage, is it?
>
> Do Hunters have any instant attacks that would benefit from the slower
> speed of the Gryphonwing, the way a Rogue's instant attacks do?

Night elf hunters do. Others don't!

Shadowmeld -> Aimed Shot acts just like an instant shot in PVP.

As a matter of fact, I've found out that dual wielding daggers is much,
much more efficient in PVP than wielding a big polearm, and the same
goes with bows in PVP. I need weapons as fast as possible to be able to
land more shots while kiting, and to deliver raptor strike damage as
soon as it's available (and not 3 seconds later -_-)

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:57:20 GMT, "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no>
scribed into the ether:

>I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
>Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
>is best for a hunter?

Um, how is this even an issue?

Gorewood:
31.8 DPS
+2 Str
+3 Agi
+9 Sta

Gryphonwing:
28.3 DPS
+8 Agi
+4 Sta

5 points of agility does not compensate for over 3 points of DPS and 50
hitpoints. The Gryphonwing is slower, too.

Erik wrote:
> I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
> Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
> is best for a hunter?

It'd have to be the Gorewood, surely? More damage (55-104 vs. 53-100),
faster speed (2.50 vs. 2.70), 5 more stamina.. the only advantage to the
Gryphonwing is 5 more agility, but that's not going to be enough to
cancel out the Gorewood's natural damage advantage, is it?

Do Hunters have any instant attacks that would benefit from the slower
speed of the Gryphonwing, the way a Rogue's instant attacks do?

Cheers!
David...

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:47:09 +1000, David Carson
<david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:

>Erik wrote:
>> I finished the Blightcaller quest last night and got the Gorewood Bow.
>> Should I ditch my old Gryphonwing Long Bow for the Gorewood Bow? Which bow
>> is best for a hunter?
>
>It'd have to be the Gorewood, surely? More damage (55-104 vs. 53-100),
>faster speed (2.50 vs. 2.70), 5 more stamina.. the only advantage to the
>Gryphonwing is 5 more agility, but that's not going to be enough to
>cancel out the Gorewood's natural damage advantage, is it?
>
>Do Hunters have any instant attacks that would benefit from the slower
>speed of the Gryphonwing, the way a Rogue's instant attacks do?

No. All of the instant shots are weapon independant. Multi-shot is
theoretically instant, but I've never actually found that to be the case.
There's always a delay.